Do You See In Yourself Continuing Jehovah's Witness Traits?

by minimus 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Odrade
    Odrade

Inequality and unfairness, absolutely. In the several subsequent halls I attended as an adult, I was never accepted. Good enough to go in service, but not good enough to go to lunch. I always felt like I was on probation. Plus we started seeing lots of stuff that began to break down my illusions of the "cleanliness of the Org." But I think I made excuses for much longer than normal people would, just because of that first congregation. I couldn't believe "Jehovah's people" would behave that way, so it must be an exception.

I think the biggest trait I've taken away though, is paranoia. I tend to think people are much more interested in my life than they really are. Probably because you grow up in a group that meddles with the most intimate aspects of your life, then rats you out if you have a little more lenient conscience. I have to remind myself that, in normal society, people are more or less free to lead their own lives.

Odrade

• minimus
    minimus

Yes, Witnesses must be at all times: PARANOID. IF you do anything wrong, ANYTHING at all, then you are subject to being told on. And if you're really not doing anything wrong but it MIGHT stumble a person, you're still in hot water. By the way, I'm watching you right now.

• Odrade
    Odrade

AAAAHHH!! (runs screaming to the windows, hides behind curtains) Hey! the Dubs are working my neighborhood RIGHT NOW! Who ratted me out??!! (sneaks out back door)

• minimus
    minimus

Do you think a "complaining spirit" is mostly a JW thing???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit