How to Study the Bible

by Yizuman 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• mizpah
    mizpah

I think I will add a note of caution:

Don't automatically reject all of the information you learned in the Watchtower organization because you no longer recognize it as Jehovah's channel of communication. Personally, I think some of the teachings I learned are still valid. There have been centuries of debates over these doctrines. (Trinity, soul, hell, etc.) And the orthodox view is not necessarily the accurate one. The Bible does not always give a definitive answer to some questions.

Also, the advice of Yuziman is sound. The holy spirit plays a vital role in understanding the Bible. But be aware that some outrageous claims have been made by those who said they were under its influence. And when you do reach conclusions, don't close your mind to opposing ideas. Remember that Christians can disagree in doctrine but be in agreement about Christ as Savior and Redeemer.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Just thought I BTTT my old thread as I think especially for those that are new here could make good use of this information if anyone desires to use it.

Good luck to everyone desiring to study the bible APART from the borg.

Yiz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit