How would you tackle the North Korean problem?

by JH 44 Replies latest jw friends

• heathen
    heathen

Lots of interesting replies . I was one that thought the NK situation would turn out to be more threatening than the Iraq or afghanistan situation and guess what I couldn't have been more right on that . They have found no weapons of mass destruction in either place while the North Koreans continue to rattle sabres . I think a government that does what the North Korean government deserves to be dismantled . I don't think they have enough food to go to war for any amount of time I think it was stated that something like half the population is starving to death anyway . I do see the likely hood of confrontation as the south koreans would like the country united again and just could not see the US being so stupid as to believe that North korea will just simply go into obscurity in the world scene should the aid be offered.

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

I wonder if North Korea may not be more of a shell than people realize, just like the Soviet Union. Their own people are starving, that can't be a stable situation. Maybe a little push is all it will take to topple them. Go ahead and cut off the fuel and the food, if China will cooperate. China is really not in much of a position to indefinitely sustain North Korea materially.

If that doesn't work, nuke the piss out of them.

• Scully
    Scully

PorkChop writes:

If that doesn't work, nuke the piss out of them.

An interesting comment from a "politically neutral" JW.

Love, Scully

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

What makes you think I'm politically neutral?

• Zoewrex
    Zoewrex

How would you tackle the North Korean problem? I would send in a neutral Country (Switzerland?) with Korean food and farming tecnology. Distribute everything, document it on film, show it to the UN or the world via whatever sourse is available and leave. Return is a few months to see the progress or lack of and call them out to the world.... (Of course the NK government will take it all and use it to feed their Army) Begin to unite this country into one people.

Nuks? WOMD? The US does back 'terrorists'. Are the rebels in Liberia terrorists or patriots? The NK problem is the leader, he's not thinking what's right for his people. He seems to be jealous of SK and so the threat continues and if the US leaves, we leave SK to the hands of this guy who will destroy the rest of Korea as a whole......hummmmmm

(slinking back into my Happy non-Korea Place)

PS - My husband just applied for a position there............

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit