The Aug. 1, Watchtower is Lying - Again!

by metatron 23 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

The August 1, 2003 issue of the Watchtower is lying -- again.

On page 20 it states,

"They [JWs] have no paid clergy"

This is false. As many elders know, Circuit Overseers have:

Paid health insurance ( the "Lord will provide" isn't good enough)

Paid auto insurance ( as above, again)

A leased car - paid by the circuit

Paid expenses - from the congregation visited

a possible stipend from the Society - and 'hand delivered' contributions from brothers

In addition, the Watchtower Society has directed its lawyers to fight in court

for congregation elders to be legally considered CLERGY in criminal cases

such as in recent child sexual abuse actions. They want "CLERICAL PRIVILEGE"

for elders. IF IT LOOKS LIKE A DUCK, AND QUACKS LIKE A DUCK, IT'S A

DUCK! The Watchtower hypocrites WANT TO BE CONSIDERED AS CLERGY

IN LAWSUITS TO AVOID PROSECUTION.

Beyond this, as many Bethelites are aware, Bethel elders have often used

the status of being "CLERGY" to obtain discounts on travel outside of Bethel.

The Watchtower is written by elderly liars , who as the hypocrites they are,

want every advantage of a status they falsely reject in their magazines.

Nor is this an isolated case of Watchtower deception. This issue is loaded with

deceit, starting with its cover , "Poverty - What Can Be Done About It?"

While playing on the emotions of readers, it hides the real solution for poverty

that MOST Jehovah's Witnesses secretly envision, namely:

Slaughter 99.9% of the poor - as NON- Witnesses - at Armageddon.

There is one exception, however, in this magazine. There is one outstanding

point made ON PAGE 16 in the main study article of this very magazine,

"To many, lying may seem a convenient tool to obtain certain advantages....

a liar cannot gain God's approval...if we are caught telling even a single lie,

others may doubt the truthfulness of anything we say in the future."

How true! You should apply this fine counsel to the Watchtower Society!

metatron

• rocketman
    rocketman
    To many, lying may seem a convenient tool to obtain certain advantages....

a liar cannot gain God's approval...if we are caught telling even a single lie,

others may doubt the truthfulness of anything we say in the future."

I guess that's why we doubt the truthfulness of what they're saying.

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

bttt

This is yet another example of how the Watchtower Society is a cult of LIARS and HYPOCRITES.

Excellent post metatron, as usual.

• rocketman
    rocketman

Adding up the following "benefits" for COs (who by the way drive a better car than most jws and many otehrs ever own).

Lease payment on a typical CO car (usually a mid-size to larger GM car) $300-400 per month.

Insurance on the car: $50 - 75 per month

Health insurance - $300 per month

Food - $300 per month

That's over $1000 per month, and add heat and cooling for the apartment plus rent for a typical apartment and you're almost up to another $1000 per month.

And I think my numbers are conservative, and I know I'm forgetting other expenses.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I'd like to come up with a reasonable figure for this too. Does anyone know if/what stipend CO's and DO's get from the society?

• D8TA
    D8TA
    Insurance on the car: $50 - 75 per month

Health insurance - $300 per month

Food - $300 per month

Watching a CO or DO give a talk at an assembly with his fly down the entire time?

Priceless.

• zugzfree
    zugzfree
    "To many, lying may seem a convenient tool to obtain certain advantages.... a liar cannot gain God's approval...if we are caught telling even a single lie, others may doubt the truthfulness of anything we say in the future." How true! You should apply this fine counsel to the Watchtower Society!

It's amazing how many times the WTS condemns itself through the pages of it's own magazine! Doesn't the WTS endorse the "theocratic war strategy" which includes "lying to protect our brothers?" So apparently "a liar cannot gain God's approval" unless the WTS says it's okay? Again the WTS puts itself above God's laws.

• lawrence
    lawrence

Hey! These guys (and their wives) are worth it! Look at all the good they bring to the congregations. NOT! BTW, was thinking about COs and DOs and I remember one "dude" as bombastic as they get, who tried to emulate the Rutherford sound (gobs of kindness). He told the congregation that he expected freshly prepared food when he visited the homes of the brethren, cause "this brother and sister don't eat leftovers." When he visited my home we had a large salad, and when he asked what we were eating for the next course, I told him, "we have more salad - it's freshly made." Heck as a pioneer that was what we had, and the look on his face. Years later, I truly appreciate their visit to my home. Their next visit to our congregation, we were not considered for dining arrangments. Maybe I should have robbed a deli for a cold cut platter.

• logansrun
    logansrun

CO's still, technically, are not "paid clergy" since they get no salary and have to take a vow of poverty. Similarly, "non-profit" organizations may actually make a profit. It's all about definitions.

Other than that, nice post.

Bradley

• garybuss
    garybuss

My question would have to be . . . How are Jehovah's Witnesses with no paid clergy, different from other religions with no paid clergy? It seems like a distinction without a destination.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit