Spirit Forces

by Ariell 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Ariell
    Ariell

Does any of the stuff David Blane has done (I think this guy is the real deal) or any other magician renew your belief in angels/demons/ghosts if you had lost it after leaving the borg? Has a physhic or other spirit medium ever convince you that someone you knew or loved has crossed over to the otherside? Have you ever encountered anything nonhuman?

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Ariell-

All of the stuff that David Blaine did was fake. They had an expose on him where they demonstrated how he did each of his tricks. So he is NOT, in fact, "the real deal".

I believe that some people might be telepathic or that humans might keep evolving and someday might be telepathic.

As for contacting dead people, nope. I think that some people are grieving very badly or guilty about someone who has died so much so that others are able to take advantage of them.

• Ariell
    Ariell
    All of the stuff that David Blaine did was fake. They had an expose on him where they demonstrated how he did each of his tricks. So he is NOT, in fact, "the real deal".

Really? Every single trick he's done? He didn't have a stage-always out and about on the streets. How did he pick himself off the ground in mid-air, draw a tattoo of a guy's girlfriend on his chest when he'd never seen her before, or spell out a guy's name in a dollar bill. I'm curious. Could you tell me how they explained this?

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

How did he pick himself off the ground in mid-air,

Actually he didn't. <sigh> If you look closely, he has one leg exactly behind the other, so that the camera only shows only one foot. Then he slowly lifts the foot you cannot see and he appears to float for a sec. It's hard to describe, but I can even do it.

draw a tattoo of a guy's girlfriend on his chest when he'd never seen her before, or spell out a guy's name in a dollar bill. I'm curious.

You probably won't believe this, but many of the TV stunts were actually set up beforehand. Anyway, they've shown the expose several times, I'm suprised that you missed it.

• OrbitingTheSun
    OrbitingTheSun
    Magic
    1 a : the use of means (as charms or spells) believed to have supernatural power over natural forces b : magic rites or incantations

2 a : an extraordinary power or influence seemingly from a supernatural source b : something that seems to cast a spell : ENCHANTMENT

3 : the art of producing illusions by sleight of hand

So, there are many definitions of magic. Most magicians, including David Blaine, do not pretend to have supernatural powers. Magicians practice for years and years to master their trade; if it were supernatural no practice would be necessary. David Blaine is the "real deal" in the sense that he has dedicated his life to magic and to the excitement that magic adds to our lives. He has never claimed to be more than human; in fact, I have seen him on a number of occassions say that everyone is capable of what he does and his greatest wish is that he can inspire people to create magic in their everyday lives.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Yeah, what OTS said !!

• Ariell
    Ariell
    You probably won't believe this, but many of the TV stunts were actually set up beforehand. Anyway, they've shown the expose several times, I'm suprised that you missed it.

I was about to ask were any of the audiences actors, but pressed the submit button too quickly. That would explain alot. I only have 3 local channels. So I miss out on a lot these days. I would love to think spirit forces are not responsible for so many things that seem supernatural. I would love to believe that all those people who say they've talk to dead family members or had near death experiences were hallucinating or just plain mentally ill. It brings on too many questions. There's nothing I hate more than unanswered questions.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz
    There's nothing I hate more than unanswered questions.

Ditto!

• Ariell
    Ariell
    So, there are many definitions of magic. Most magicians, including David Blaine, do not pretend to have supernatural powers. Magicians practice for years and years to master their trade; if it were supernatural no practice would be necessary. David Blaine is the "real deal" in the sense that he has dedicated his life to magic and to the excitement that magic adds to our lives. He has never claimed to be more than human; in fact, I have seen him on a number of occassions say that everyone is capable of what he does and his greatest wish is that he can inspire people to create magic in their everyday lives.

I wasn't suggesting him to be more than human, but that he may have gotten help from things that weren't human-even if he wasn't aware of it.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I've noticed that many people are eager to believe in the supernatural... to the point that they will believe that an illusionist is supernatural, even when he says that he is an illusionist.

Any magician who uses “magic” to perform his feats is doing it the hard way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit