Bruce (144,000) has passed on

by unclebruce 9 Replies latest jw friends

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

I found this notice posted on H20 this morning:

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    On Wednesday, May 9 at approximately 5:00 p.m. E.S.T., Bruce passed away peacefully with loving family by his side. He battled Lou Gehrig's disease which he was diagnosed with three years ago. He loved communicating on this web site and told me to write this to let everyone know after his death. Thank you for being there, whether you agreed with him or not, it gave him something to do during his long days.

Again thank you,
    His loving wife, Naomi

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope I'm not doubling-up (I can't see this posted anywhere here) Bruce was a character and I for one will miss him not being about. He posted at least several times here but in the end could only type very slowly one letter at a time. Bruce was a lateral thinker with an interesting JW background and some 'out-there' interpretations of scripture. I remember him lamenting a year ago that he could no longer make it down the stairs to his files in the basement. I think he lived in Hawaii. I miss you Bruce.

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

Well that sucks That is a terrible disease. Very sad.

BW

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

BetweenWorlds,

As far as I could tell Bruce Bainbridge died happy and relatively contented. He was in his 60's and had enjoyed a full life. He fought for what he believed in and exposed the WBTS as non-thinking drones only interested in perpetuating the myth of their own self-righteous superiority.

unclebruce

• Tina
    Tina

Thanks Unc for posting that here,,,,,,,,,I'll kinda miss hearing about the unclean animals and fallen angels etc.
    Very sad,,,,,, I'll miss him as well. with heartfelt condolences to his family and friends,Tina

Carl Sagan on balancing openness to new ideas with skeptical scrutiny...."if you are open to the point of gullibility and have not an ounce of skeptical sense,you cannot distinguish useful ideas from worthless ones."

• COMF
    COMF

I'm sorry to hear that Bruce has died. He played a distinct part in making H2O the well-rounded forum it was.

COMF

• JT
    JT

he helped me alot to see the truth about the truth

my wife and i send our regards

james

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Uncle,

Thanks for the info. "Precious in the eyes of the Lord is the death of all His people." Bruce will be missed as he is recieved not by 144,000 fallen angels, but the host of the Glory of the Lord.

Farewell Bruce, who now knows the truth about the truth in no uncertain terms.

Yeru (wearing black today, mourning)

YERUSALYIM
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
    Shakespere: Hamlet

• Amazing
    Amazing

Thanks for posting this Uncle. I am sorry that Bruce died, suffering from a serious and dibilitating disease. I have him to thank for causing me to get into my review of Noah's Flood and the science that questions a literal flood concept. He was an interesting character, and among those of JW backgraound who hold unique theories, he was among the kinder to debate with. - Amazing

• TR
    TR

Unfortunately, I was never acquainted with him, but nevertheless am saddened by his passing.

TR

"cults suck"

• LDH
    LDH

I had never even considered another explanation or version of the flood outside of JW teachings 'til I read some of his articles.

Thank you Bruce, you will be missed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit