Were You Ever Put On Restrictions?

by minimus 64 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

As a JW, were you ever put on restrictions? How did you feel when you were told that a certain "privilege" was being taken from you? Were you given any warning by the elders in charge that what you did merited a removal of some sort? Did you feel that being placed on restrictions was a form of "loving" discipline?

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Yes and I loved it! I didn't have to go out in field service. Looking back, I shouldn't have been put on restrictions because I was the one who told on myself but I'm still glad I was.

• minimus
    minimus

It is very rare to be restricted from field service. Hell, even child molesters can go out in service.

• lawrence
    lawrence

I lost everything in one fell swoop! After sending Brooklyn a few printouts of the prophecies from Studies of the Scriptures, and what degree of accuracy they were operating at, as well as Rutherford, and the Knorr regime (mind you, this was done on a Control Data 3600 machine in those days in one of the first quasi relational databases - Inform) I was told by the elders that there would be no more magazine counter, no more book study responsibilities, no more ministry school servant gigs, no more parts, no more public talks, no more leading FS, and no more commenting at meetings (no, I lost that after my friend Paul Akers was disfellowshipped for apostacy) and I got up that night after the announcement and spoke to the congregation as the Apostle Paul did at Mars Hill. How did I feel? Well, I tried to run my car into a wall, but God wasn't going to let that happen. Then I tried open ocean swimming very drunk, many nights, but God wasn't going to let that happen either.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Lawrence, just one question.

no, I lost that after my friend P--- A---- was disfellowshipped for apostacy

I'm just wondering, is your friend OK about having his name made known on-line, especially on this forum?

Just for his own privacy and possible anonymity in the future. Some people prefer to let themselves post their own name etc., on a site like this.

Thanks.

• lawrence
    lawrence

Rayzorblade- The last time I saw him he was with the Charismatics in Delaware, then he cracked up and was institutionalized. Went to the State Hospital with A.T. Robertson's Greek N.T. research books, and from what my first wife said, after she did as much research 10 years ago to find him for me - he passed away a very sad and lonely man, pioneer card in his briefcase and still wondering about the Lord. I would never have said his name otherwise. Thankyou, we must have respect - but once in Sheol, there is only the future.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

OK, thanks Lawrence.

Just wanted to be certain.

Too bad about that man, very sad story. But sometimes it's not necessary to post the name, we can refer to people as (him/her) and get the point across without any reprecussions.

Thanks again Lawrence.

• lawrence
    lawrence

No RazorBlade, this man would have taken my statement tonight as a tribute - we studied Greek together for 5 years, as I was translating the scriptures with him, as well as doing the minor prophets in Hebrew. Not everyone is afraid to reveal their relaity: you should check me out on mp3 with my band - some of us are proud of what we believe and how we care not to be ruled by any man, controlled by demon spirits. There is too much paranoia, as the man at the Toronto meetup who wore a mask. Made in the "image of God", "perfect Love casts out all fear." I understand the fears, and the mushmouths; yet, when is a man/woman gonna stand up on their own two feet before Christ, God, and the Cosmos. Forget political/spiritual/organizational correctness, look what that has done! Look at our friends. Many of mine are dead and here, and a few passed over miserable. It is time to speak, and speak loudly (not libel), and then even speak LOUDER! I'm not trying to be contentious, only honest, and I wish the Lord bless you and your family with joy, peace, and health.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Hey Lawrence, no doubt you have very fond memories of your friend. So sad to read of his fate.

Anyways, I have sent you a PM (Private Message).

Not everyone is afraid to reveal their relaity

That's true Lawrence, no one will refute that. But there are people who are in varying degrees of exit from the WTS/JWs, so we try to make this forum a safe haven for them. Revealing who they are could be devastating with negative reprecussions.

People who don't mind sharing their personal info, can do so. Those that do not, won't. Anyone who takes it upon themselves to take THEIR info, and make it public without their consent, has then breached confidentiality.

Otherwise, enjoy your visit here Lawrence. And our late respects/condolences to your buddy Paul.

• minimus
    minimus

Many persons put on restrictions are simply being punished by the elders. It's a common control mechanism to regulate people and keep them under the spell of authority.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit