Having children ??? did the Watchtower have an affect on your decisions ???

by run dont walk 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• breal
    breal

Used to feel there was something "wrong" with me cuz I always wanted to be a mom instead of a regular pioneer like my sister or the other girls in the hall.

Oh well - live and learn right?!

• run dont walk
    run dont walk
    "I don't know why she keeps having kids, they are just going to die".

Unreal, I am speechless !!!!!!!!!!!!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    The sickest comment I have ever heard from JW's was "We are going to wait until after Armageddon, to have kids, because this world is terrible

Ok I was one of those, and now in my 50's , I deeply regret it . The trouble was that we really believed it. Armageddon really was around the corner, so it was obviously better to wait until the New World.....

w88 3/1 pp. 24-25 Responsible Childbearing in This Time of the End ***

Responsible

Fatherhood

All Christian husbands, whether they have congregational responsibilities or not, should also consider the effect that taking care of young children could have on their wife’s spirituality. If a wife is not spiritually strong, how will a baby, or a number of babies, affect her personal study and opportunities to share in the preaching work?

Do husbands always realize that taking care of a baby or a young child often prevents their wives from getting full benefit from the Congregation Book Study, Kingdom Hall meetings, circuit assemblies, and district conventions? Such a situation can last for months, and even years, when baby follows baby. It is in the nature of things that the load, in this respect, falls mainly on the mother, rather than on the father. It has sometimes been observed that whereas some Christian men progress spiritually, even to the point of being assigned privileges in the congregation, their wives become spiritually weak. Why? Often it is because their young children prevent the wives from concentrating at meetings, doing deep Bible study, or sharing in a large measure in the witnessing work. Can fatherhood be called responsible if it permits such situations to develop?

To be fair, the article also stresses that it is a personal matter , and once children arrive, they must be loved and cared for. and that if a couple still decide to have a family, "They should not be criticised"

However, the overal message of this article and the general thinking at the time was, that it was irresponsible to bring kids into "Satans wicked old world"

• Gordy
    Gordy

I became a JW in 1971.

Married a JW girl in July 1974 I was 23 she was 20.

Had first child October 1975.

Then had 6 more the last was in 1989.

No JW ever said a word to me or my wife about having so many children.

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

They don't say anything about them having 6 Million spiritual children!

Guest 77

• Scully
    Scully

run dont walk writes:

The sickest comment I have ever heard from JW's was "We are going to wait until after Armageddon, to have kids, because this world is terrible."

How STUPID can people get ??? Who is teaching this the Watchtower ??? or parents ???

I've heard worse.

Like the elder who approached me when we started telling people that we were expecting our planned third:
    It must have been an accident, you can't be that stupid to plan to have children so close to Armageddon™.

Or the JW sister (a former best friend) who told me:
    If you are going to turn your back on The Truth™, you might as well take your three beautiful children out in the back yard and blow their heads off with a gun. That way you won't take them down with you at Armageddon™ and they'll have a resurrection in the Paradise™.

Those two people were instrumental in demonstrating to me how UNLOVING Jehovah's Witnesses are, and caused me to examine the JWs and whether they lived up to the standards of Christianity by their attitudes toward others.

Love, Scully

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit