Who Says JW's Are Not A Judgemental Cult

by FedUpJW 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Checked out another thread on the JW talk cult site and found this new discussion under the heading Makes it Awkward...I think:

Hi brothers, hope we are all basking in Jehovah's undeserved kindness.

Well, anytime im having a Bible study in the ministry and we get to d study 6 in the brochure; Listen to God and Live Forever which has d topic : What Do we Learn from the Great Flood?

The last part in the study reads: "Some people are like Noah. They listen to God and do what He says; they are Jehovah's Witnesses."

I know we have the truth, but sometimes i feel when we openly rub it into their faces like that, it can make them angry and they might think we are judging them.

And one of the first replies was this little bit of goofiness, "Sooner or later, you have to tell them the truth. If they want to get on the road to life, they will have to join us."

Nope, JDub's don't judge people, or condemn them do they? No wonder we use the term jw.BORG

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

And yet what they said is the logical end result of their beliefs. Its a shell game the org plays it keep it out of print but if you think it through... yea thats it

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

They literally judge people. Have you heard of judicial committees?

• steve2
    steve2

Yes indeed: Why spare people from the awkward fact that your group - and your group alone - has the truth and people need to join your group to avoid being destroyed? What a message, yes!

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I have watched a few "cart crash" and "JWs come to the wrong door" type vids now and a common theme seems to be "we are not here to convert you" or the equivalent from the JWs.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

"Read it and weep suckas!"

The doggerel version of JW speak.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Interesting I just recently came across a video on YouTube which showed the WTS has removed John 8 : 1 -11 from its own online web JWorg. bible .

These scriptures talk about how Jesus is confronted with a situation where a group Hebrew leaders were going to stone a woman to death for adultery, instead Jesus told them who are you to judge ........

John 8:1-20 New Living Translation (NLT)

A Woman Caught in Adultery

8 Jesus returned to the Mount of Olives, 2 but early the next morning he was back again at the Temple. A crowd soon gathered, and he sat down and taught them. 3 As he was speaking, the teachers of religious law and the Pharisees brought a woman who had been caught in the act of adultery. They put her in front of the crowd.

4 “Teacher,” they said to Jesus, “this woman was caught in the act of adultery. 5 The law of Moses says to stone her. What do you say?”

6 They were trying to trap him into saying something they could use against him, but Jesus stooped down and wrote in the dust with his finger. 7 They kept demanding an answer, so he stood up again and said, “All right, but let the one who has never sinned throw the first stone!” 8 Then he stooped down again and wrote in the dust.

9 When the accusers heard this, they slipped away one by one, beginning with the oldest, until only Jesus was left in the middle of the crowd with the woman. 10 Then Jesus stood up again and said to the woman, “Where are your accusers? Didn’t even one of them condemn you?”

11 “No, Lord,” she said.

And Jesus said, “Neither do I. Go and sin no more.”

• tor1500
    tor1500

@ Finkelstein,

You are so on point...this is my favorite scripture to use against DF'ing...If you look in other bibles it's there. I read somewhere that this may not have been a part of the original scriptures. Not sure if true or not. But it goes to show that Jesus wasn't judgmental as JW's are. That's why they took it out. Why ? Because it shows nobody is supposed to judge anyone....No mention of DF"ing is there? Jesus told the woman. This is from the Good News bible: He straightened up and said to her, “Where are they? Is there no one left to condemn you?”

11 “No one, sir,” she answered.

“Well, then,” Jesus said, “I do not condemn you either. Go, but do not sin again.”. That's it in a nutshell... If Jesus don't judge...why do Brothers judge ?

I have pointed this out scripture several times but no one commented on it. On this site and others.

But this is a good scripture to make a copy of and have it ready if you are ever called into the room....They know it too..

The problem with religion and worship (there are many problems) but one thing..."EVERYBODY THINKS THEY ARE RIGHT". I told this to a witness and they said, well, we know we are right...I said, there you go, and another denomination can say the same thing.

They say they never mess with the scriptures, no, but they delete them...

Tor

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    FedUpJW - "Who says JWs are not a judgmental cult...?"

These days?

Just JWs, mostly.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

One thing that sort of unique with the JWS organization is they pick out Scripture in the bible to support their own initiatives, even to a extent of passing over Jesus's own instructions and guidance.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit