WATCHTOWER WARNING: Mobile Phones

by DevonMcBride 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

Good points and bad points from the WatchTower. Basic "GIGO" when it comes to high tech. The "preachy" point made earlier was very important.

Please remember to get permission from the elders before you use your mobil (cell) phone. The transmission waves interfere with the direct mind link to the FDS in New York and elsewhere. Some elders might lose "lock-step" and stumble one of the boys girls people he has his eyes on.

Want to bet that the "message" would be different if the WTB&TS had investments in the communication industry (cell phones)? They might have! Don't know yet. We are still digging up information.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    The transmission waves interfere with the direct mind link to the FDS in New York and elsewhere

Huh? What? Could you please turn off your cell phone while talking? I can't hear you.

Oh, never mind... I'm trying to tell the FDS something anyway.

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

Elsewhere,

Now that was cool

• William Penwell
    William Penwell
    Many who start out using the phone moderately may find it taking up more of their time than they expected—and crowding out more important things.

What they are saying is your time would be better spent banging on doors and peddling our books and magazines.

Will

• LDH
    LDH

Mostly, I resent the distrust of children they instill in parents. I know that as a kid I did a few kid things, stealing candy bars here and there, but FOR THE MOST PART I was a good kid.

It kind of reminds me of that John Candy line in Uncle Buck when he was bitching out the Vice Principal...."They're ALL good kids till some dried up bag like you gets ahold of them." Pretty much sums up my feelings about JW kids.

Jourles, I too noted that they used Japanese names for a reason. Now every Japanese JW parent is SERIOUSLY considering revoking a cell phone....It may end up a "Local Needs" part....And then, soon you can probably get "marked" for improper cell phone use during the meetings.

HA HA I wonder what the FDS think of my double sin...sometimes I actually use the internet to send a text message to a cell phone. LOL.

Lisa

Outrageous Sinner Class

• Funchback
    Funchback

Lisa,

Is that the scene in Uncle Buck where the Vice Principal has a hairy mole on her face?

• kitties_and_horses_oh_my!
    kitties_and_horses_oh_my!

I wonder if the WTS has ever considered that their obsessive rules against contact with the opposite sex only make it more alluring? And when JW kids do get together, the first thing they do (since talking = dating and dating = marriage) is start making out cause they have no other experience with the opposite sex?? I swear, every JW teenage couple that I knew went "too far" before marriage, whether or not they ever told the elders. And if they told the elders, they were asked "where, what, when?" regarding every detail in order to humiliate them.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

**cell phone ring** - a few times.

YHWH operator: "It's Jehovah calling, will you accept the charges?"

Apostate: "HELL NO!"

~click~

• LDH
    LDH

Funch,

Yes, that scene. It makes me laugh my ass off every time I see it.

"Yes, I'm Moley Russell's Wart, er ward."

"I have been an educator for 21 POINT 5 years, and during that time I have seen a lot of bad eggs. Your niece is a bad egg!"

I just love that movie, I really miss John Candy. He was one of my FAVORITE actors.

Lisa

Here's a quarter, Class

• Funchback
    Funchback

Lisa-

Did you ever watch SCTV? John Candy (much slimmer version) was HILARIOUS on that show!

He was in some lame movies but he STILL was a funny fellow. My favorite scene was from 'The Great Outdoors' when he shot the bear in the butt. Classic!

By the way, I use T-Mobile

Brian

Remembering the Original Thread Title, Class

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit