If you have Windows 10 . . .

by compound complex 14 Replies latest forum tech-support

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings:

My roommate bought a new DELL laptop, operated by Windows 10. In the three weeks he's had it, it's online then goes offline (and this repeatedly): when he goes from one e-mail to another, when he engages in a financial transaction, when he opens a new webpage, etc. He does the basic rebooting, as prescribed in the article whose link is attached. His pc and my older DELL and Apple PowerBook are all on Wifi. My two NEVER go offline.

If you know of similar issues, are you aware that it's because Microsoft fixed one problem but created this new one I am describing?

Any information you might provide would be appreciated.

THANKS!

https://mspoweruser.com/heres-how-to-fix-the-no-internet-connection-issue-on-windows-10-build-14393-479/

• Incognito
    Incognito

It may not necessarily be Windows 10 but could be an issue with the wifi adaptor (hardware) in his laptop. He should also check for the most current driver.

The link you provide, is from a Windows 10 update issue last December.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, Incognito!

We'll check into that.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Windows 10 (a certain version) has a known issue connecting to internet. I recently bought a Windows 10 laptop that wouldn't connect. However I followed the instructions on the following page which fixed it right away.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://mspoweruser.com/heres-how-to-fix-the-no-internet-connection-issue-on-windows-10-build-14393-479/amp/&ved=0ahUKEwikyJvTpJfXAhVD3IMKHY9WBAkQFghMMAM&usg=AOvVaw3YBkKU7tQBT_k8iHcqX7PH&cf=1

• bsmart
    bsmart

For about a month I was losing my internet on a daily basis several times a day. Finally realized that I had made some changes (with the Ethernet cable) and decided to check all the updates on the computer. Don't quite know which one did it but this past week has been heaven.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Does your roommate use the laptop in the same spot? Sometimes there are areas where the WiFi signal is weak. Check with the company that makes the wifi modem if they have some driver update. Also, never update your wifi or any computer drivers through Windows update (Windows 10 Home version updates Windows automatically).

I hope that helps.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings, neat blue dog, bsmart, and scratchme1010:

I really appreciate this info! It seems a solution is at hand. He and I both think it weird that my two ancient laptops, although deficient in minor ways, never have left me as frustrated as he is with a very expensive device.

THANKS MUCH!

• compound complex
    compound complex

It may not necessarily be Windows 10 but could be an issue with the wifi adaptor (hardware) in his laptop. -- Incognito

Tech came out today and replaced the above.

Thanks again!

• Simon
    Simon

Windows is terrible and got worse, not better. I think MS lost the plot completely and they are still playing catchup to put right the messes they created 5 years ago.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, Simon, for your observation.

As you might recall, I have brought up my issues here, re: my DELL laptop and Apple PowerBook G4.

The DELL, with Windows Ultimate 7, has been virtually trouble-free, and it is second-hand. The Apple, also second-hand and a much more expensive laptop, is great for photos; however, more and more apps and webpages are unavailable to me because it will not upgrade.

I love my little, cheapie DELL.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit