Do you consider the JWs as Christians?

by logansrun 42 Replies latest jw friends

• logansrun
    logansrun

So? Yes or no? Are the JWs to be counted as a "Christian religion?" Why or why not? What do you think?

Bradley

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

No.

It's a counterfeit Christian religion, it's nowhere near anything like today's Christianity nor near the 1st Century Christians.

Yiz

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

Technically being a Christian, by strict definition is someone who claims to be a follower of Christ.

It seems everyone has an opinion as to what exactly that claim is supposed to mean. Some are more dogmatic about it than others.

In the sense that the JW's do claim to follow Jesus and acknowledge his existence and sacrifice then I suppose in that sense they are Christian.

The term is so subjective in modern times however that it is essentially meaningless.

Uzzah

• AlanF
    AlanF

Of course they're Christian. They're a weird cult to boot, but so are the Mormons and any number of other oddball Christian groups. By the standards of any specific group, many others could be considered not to be Christians, but that would be like the various Islamic sects claiming that rival sects are not Islamic because their beliefs differ in a few areas. Their defining belief is that Mohammed was God's prophet; those who believe this are by definition Islamic. The defining belief of Christianity is that Jesus Christ was God's prophet; anyone who professes this belief is by definition Christian. Maybe a lousy Christian, but still a Christian.

AlanF

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Yes, I consider them Christian.

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Jehovah's Witnesses are a Judeo/Christian sect.

IW

• minimus
    minimus

I agree 100% with Island Woman.

• integ
    integ

In the sense they "claim" to follow Christ.... YES.

In the fact they don't follow his true message....NO.

But the only "true" label they deserve is "EVIL CONTROLLING SECT".

Integ.

• kls
    kls

NO ,it,s a money making ,lieing cult.stealing and tareing apart lives.Some even to their deaths.

• freedom96
    freedom96

I would follow what previous posters have said, that being that they believe in Christ, therefore they are Christians.

As another one said, they make a poor Christian, and to that I must agree.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit