COOKBOOK First Draft is off to a publisher

by Lady Lee 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I just sent the first draft of the cookbook to an e-publisher to see if they will accept it.

Late submissions will still be accepted and can still be added to the book before turning it into a pdf file.

But the first draft gives them an opportunity to take a look at it and see if it meets their standards. And it gives me a chance to make any improvements they might suggest.

So cross your fingers. LOL

I should hear from them before I go on vacation next week. When I come back we will make any changes required, add any new recipes and create an e-book.

I have recieved almost 200 recipes from all of you. We have recipes from around the world. You will be pleased and delighted with the submissions.

Some recipes are family favorites. One is an award winner!!! Some are old standards and others are unique and interesting ideas.

All in all you should all be very pleased with yourselves.

The inside cover says

Recipes by:

JWD posters and friends

Thank you all who have contributed to this project. I think you will be pleased with the results

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

I was wondering if going through a publisher is more expensive than just getting it done by a printing company. I am right now in the middle of type setting a 500 recipe cookbook for a local company. I know that they can print and ship out from here. Let me know if you are interested in getting a quote. This is my second cookbook I am working on and they are great.

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

oops, I'm sorry I missed the e-book part of your post. My husband says we have 2-3 ways of doing this if you are interested. Email me if this is something you would like to persue.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Here is a desert recipe that my Grandmother used to make and I love it. I forgot about it until just now. I don't have a name for it though.

Mix a stick of butter with a cup of flour. Pat it out into a 9x13 baking pan. Bake in 350 degree oven for 10 minutes, or until lightly brown.

While crust is baking, mix 1pack philly cream cheese with one cup powdered sugar and a cup of cool whip. Blend until smooth.

Prepare one package of instant vanilla pudding according to direction on package.

After crust has cooled, spread cream cheese mixture over crust. Then spread the pudding mixture over the cream cheese mixture.

Top with a thin layer of cool whip and sprinkle with walnuts.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Lady Lee: I'll bet you got loads of yummy recipes.

Can I be the forum's first on-line ex-JW bachelor to buy one?

When it's ready and off to the publishers: count me in as: INTERESTED

Best of luck with that (crossing my fingers).

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Dazed and Confused

Going the e-book route will cost us nothing. And the board will get 70% of the book price.

I don't want to go the POD or self-publish route. I don't want to fork out a few hundred dollars to get this out there. We can try the e-book and see how it goes.

I will keep your suggestion in mind though.

And I guess it would be up to the contributors to decide what they want to do with this

Got it Wildhorses. I will give it a look and find a title for it.

Now who has that recipe for the Harvey Wallbanger cake that I was told about?????

And Ray you can bet as soon as it is accepted and they have it posted I will have the URL in here. And I believe Simon will have a link somewhere on the page for it

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

a question for anyone who lives where they still sell butter by the stick?

What is the equivalent in oz or g or ml of 1 stick of butter?

• Xena
    Xena

One stick of butter = 4oz (113g)

I sent you a recipe by way of PM Lady Lee I hope it wasn't to late

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

xena not too late thanks I have the recipe and it isn't too late to ad dit

It is the only recipe like this we have so wooheee thanks

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I hate this program sometimes

Share this