T3! (and other movie talk)

by Bendrr 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

I just went to see Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines today. I give it 6 out of 10. The special effects were just great. The chase scene involving the huge crane driven by the Terminatrix was just plain awesome. I had to take points away because I just wasn't happy with the ending.

One of the previews shown was of Freddy Vs. Jason. Now that's one I'd heard about a long time ago and I've been excited about seeing. Quick poll: Who will you be cheering for? I'll be rooting for Freddy. He's just a more "fun" bad guy.

I've been wanting to see The Hulk. I've heard mixed reviews, what did y'all think of it? Worth going to the theatre or should I wait for DVD?

You know something? Every time I go out to see a movie, I think of how cool it would be if we had a more adult-oriented theatre. No, not that kind of "adult theatre". I mean one where they've got a little more in the way of food and drinks to offer. Cold beer on tap. And one you can smoke in. Maybe have a balcony like in the old days. Down on the first level would be the regular seating, but for a few extra dollars the grown-ups can enjoy the movie from the balcony. Proper ventilation would allow smoking in the balcony, the seats would be a little bigger and softer with more leg room, and they'd serve alcohol in the balcony. I wish I had the money because I'd open up a theatre like that. And it would thrive too. Kinda like my idea for a combination bar and laundromat. I remember being in one of those in Atlanta once. It was a bar and laundromat all in one. You could do your laundry and while you waited for it to wash and dry you could have a few drinks, play some pool or darts or video games, even dance on the dance floor. Now that's convenience!

Mike.

• Hamas
    Hamas

Chill out.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Hamas-

As of late, some of your comments really confuse me. .

Bendrr-

I liked T3 personally. I'd give it at least a 7.5, maybe an 8.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    Proper ventilation would allow smoking in the balcony, the seats would be a little bigger and softer with more leg room, and they'd serve alcohol in the balcony.

This would NEVER happen in California.... too many P.C. Police.... but I guess it's good to dream.

• teejay
    teejay

Hey Mike,

I didn't care much for T3, but then I don't think it was made for people my age. Of the three Terminator movies, I liked it the least. Like you, I give it a strong 5/ weak 5 out of 10.

I liked Hulk. For me the subtext of the movie—the dysfunction between the two main characters and their respective parents—helped to explain the movie. Of all the comic-book-to-big-screen movies, I liked this one the best. Except for maybe the first Batman.

Your idea for a theater that's geared more for adults is a good one, I think. There's only one problem: what's showing on the screen. I like movies in all genres as long as they are intelligent, but I don't think Hollywood is concerned much about people with tastes like mine. It seems like these days all a movie has to have is a main character who's tough and talks/walks cool, plenty of car crashes and chase scenes, and buildings blowing up every now and then. Not my kind of movie. Never was.

• Francois
    Francois

Whatever happened to the much balleyhooed movie consisting of a fight between Terminator and Alien? I heard about it first about six years ago. Now I'm ready for THAT one.

• Mary
    Mary
    I've been wanting to see The Hulk. I've heard mixed reviews, what did y'all think of it?

Let me put it this way: I'd rather study the Babylon the Great Has Fallen book, rather than sit through this movie again.......it was, without a doubt, one of the WORST movies I've ever seen. The story line sucked dead rocks, the acting was absolutely HORRIBLE and the ending was retarded. The most entertaining part is when when you see Lou Ferrigno in a 5 second cameo..........don't waste your money.

• meadow77
    meadow77

They already have a theatre like that here in town. It is pretty snazzy too. Though there is no smoking in the theatre, they do have a special balcony area for adults. It has a full bar with a button you can push at your oversized seat, and have whatever you want brought right to you. They just opened a new one downtown that has a bar in it, so you can smoke at the bar.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

I've heard bad things about The Hulk as well. And Jason vs Freddy looks pretty lame to me, but I was a good dub groing up so I never watched those movies anyway. T3 rocked... That Terminatrix was hot!

• heathen
    heathen

I thought T-3 was very cool scale from 1- 10 I'm going with a 8 cause I happen to be a big arnie fan and glad they made one more of those as I really like the action sci-fi horror scene. I thought the acting was great and satirical humor kept chuckeling thru out the show .

I just can't see many movie houses taking your idea seriously as movies are still family entertainment but the cost for a liquor license and to put even more fire extinquishers and exits and god knows what they would have to do would probly cost more than it's worth . I think I can make thru a movie without getting fried altho when I was young the drive in scene was where that stuff usually happened .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit