Vicki Boer transcript in Word and Scans New GT Book in Spanish

by blondie 14 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Hi Vicki:

Not all cases are put up on the site. I think only the more significant one make it on. (Yes, you are significant!)

Best of luck with getting a good result on the costs. Hopefully, since the Watchtower were found negligent, they'll get lumbered with all the costs. Fingers crossed for you!

Expatbrit

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Expat is absolutely right.

If the case makes it this group then you know you made significant legal history. Of course it also helps to get the case in the press too (hehehehe ... oh .... I better stop).

You better hold your head up real high for the rest of your life Vicki. Getting a learned Judge (who is so highly respected that she will likely be sitting beside Judge Dennis O'Connor one day) to recognize that you as a legal adult had no free choice or free will in having to go to a confrontation on the 29th of December 1989 is breath taking from a legal point of view and to now have it published by this Canadian Legal Information Institute is huge.

hawk

p.s. expat - I think you should keep the reality hat on. Three defendants were found not to be negligent. Obvously they should not pick up Vicki's costs. In fact if they were I would object. This leaves the WTS itself. Should they pick up Vicki's legal costs? Based on my experience it is highly unlikely due to this very new case law. Remember this is a first - a Court has concluded that an adult did NOT have a free will in a supposed voluntary religious organization. What is likely is that Vicki won't be nailed with the defandants costs. I have asked Vicki and others to find out what Colin Stevenson billed the WTS. That has to be made public.

• needs_lots
    needs_lots

I was talking with Charles tonight(my lawyer), and he will be sending in his submissions tomorrow. He says there is no way to tell if the WT paid for the elders defence. HOw could we find this out?

• impartial
    impartial

My sugestion/thought for the settlement: 1) Dffendants pay $50,000. as they had offered previously. If Vicki's posting regard this is correct, WT would decline at this time. 2) Deffendants pay all of lawyers' costs plus all of disbursements. ...If declined,...?? 3) Showing new points (ie. WT writtings showing its real policy if exists ,the two lacal elders are liable for the harm caused by thier free will to have continued conducting the first confrontation after they recognized it. etc) to WT and discuss the amount.... 4) ... .. by the way I am not sure if I can post successfully at this time. Let me try first.. "impartial"

• Latin assassin from Manhattan
    Latin assassin from Manhattan

How do I get the GT book? What homepage? Please help, thanks!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit