Old Publications

by Ariell 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Ariell
    Ariell

Does anyone know if the Society keeps a library of publications dating from the late 1800's into the early 1900's and whether or not Bethelites have access to them?

• shotgun
    shotgun

I'm sure they would have a complete library as many congregations I've been too have almost a complete library less maybe the Golden Age and Wt before about 1940. I don't know if bethelites have access...I would think so, they might need to do a little research to understand why are beliefs are so screwed up.

Maybe they call it the Chamber of Secrets

• Ariell
    Ariell

I just wanted to know so if I can somehow get into bethel (might be pretty hard considering I'm a woman), I can steal some of them.

• shotgun
    shotgun

What do you mean get into bethel..are you going to pioneer for a few years and wait for an invite to bethel or search out and marry a bethelite or go in Ninja style.

You can get most of the litature in a legal fashion as well.

• Ariell
    Ariell

I was actually thinking of joining to read the material, not steal (bad wannabe-ex-jw humor), but I thought it only took 6 months of pioneering, not years!

Going in ninja style seems like a feasible idea, but I'm too cute to go to prison. So how do I get my hands on them the legal way?

• blondie
    blondie

Ariell, if you are female, marrying a Bethelite with "heavy" responsibilities is about the only way to get into Bethel. But you can tour Bethel and perhaps see the library. Or if you know a Bethelite you may be able to go with them and read some of the older publications. The Bible Student websites have most of Charles Taze Russell's writing on line or you can order them for a lot less then buying the older publications.

Blondie

• VM44
    VM44

Hi Ariell,

What older publications do you want to read? Books? Watchtowers? Golden Age?

At Brooklyn, they actually have several libraries, three in fact, if I recall the number correctly.

They have lots of books that an individual JW would be told they should not have. let alone read.

--VM44

• hooberus
    hooberus

The watchtower in the early 1920's published a set of official reprints of the first 40 years of watchtowers. These sets go for around $1,600 on ebay.

• no one
    no one

Welcome to the forum. You can read articles from the Watchtowers from 1879-1916 here:

http://www.agsconsulting.com/htdbv5/links.htm

For additional reading of some of the early WT works, like 'Divine Plan of the Ages', here:

http://www.agsconsulting.com/htdbv5/start.htm

Enjoy!!!

• Ariell
    Ariell

Thanks for the info guys.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit