Did you ever feel guilty when you went out in service?

by micheal 8 Replies latest jw friends

• micheal
    micheal

I'm speaking not about yourself, but for the houeholder. I would say for about the last 1.5 yrs before I left I didn't want to give a "good witness". One because I didn't completly believe in it and two, I didn't want the householder to live the same misery I and most others were living. So I guess you can you say I stopped witnessing because " I love my neighbour so much"

• JH
    JH

I presented the message and never insisted too much, so they were the ones making the decision to join or not. I never felt guilty, just stupid.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Definitely. I started having serious doubts about a year before we left the org. I just couldn't go and preach to people any more. There's no way I could try to convince someone that this was the truth when I didn't believe it was the truth. I still went out, but I didn't talk at doors. My hours ranged from 0 - 4 during the last year I was in the org.

• pamkw
    pamkw

I just went through the motions of going out. I knew those people at the door were probably happy with what they knew, and I was sure they were happier than I was. Plus, I just hated going out during holidays. I would just walk down the street, and we would mark all of them not at home, unless we could tell there was no one home, then we would go to the door. I always felt like such a pest.

Pam

• Tron
    Tron

Yeah well I remembered going out as a unbaptized pub,and went door to door never again,im a good judge of charictar and when you see the people open there doors on a Saturday morning still sleepy,they take the Magz cause they want you out of there....

Then I thougt to myself "hey man when you went out and partied every night how did you feel when one of these Crazy`s woke you up in morning?"I didnt like it especially when they put there foot in the door asking for a contribution.

I learnt very quickly that it a big scam and that all there teachings were one sided so i stayed away. still am there for my wife (strictly Assemblys where she needs help with the kids)but would wish one day she would leave.The society creates individuals who come to depend on the assosiations they make within the Org and sad to say its like an addiction far worse than Cocaine.

Tron

• freedom96
    freedom96

The only thing I thought about while going out in service was: This sucks!

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

i just tried to get through the afternoon as quickly as possible and prayed that i wouldnt knock on one of my schoolmate's doors!!!! i would have been mortified!

• embalmed
    embalmed

Oooh, yes. As I posted earlier somewhere, when I am forced to go out in service, I slip little notes in the publications to deter would-be JWs.

• Bills girl
    Bills girl

I felt guilty because I barely tapped on the door hoping no one would hear me or had seen me walk up. I felt unworthy because of this.

Just think of all the lives I saved!!!! LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit