ARE AVERAGE JWs DECEPTIVE?

by Amazing 23 Replies latest jw friends

• chester
    chester
    For example, in the 1995 Knowledge book, the student is led through a series of plausible-sounding but incorrect arguments (which are disconnected because they're in several chapters) to accepting first that there is such a thing as a composite "faithful slave" class, and then that the JW leadership is that composite slave. The student is not led through a series of arguments proving the existence of a slave class, but is simply told that Matthew 24:45 means what the Society claims. Later, the student is told something like, "Since Jesus said there would be a slave class distributing fine spiritual food, and we're bringing you this food, you need to recognize that our organization is being used by 'the slave' class." By this time, if the student's intellectual alarm bells have not sounded, he simply accepts what he's told and that's that. Thus, I believe that it is only poor reasoning ability, or an emotional need that overrides reasoning ability, or the coercion that parents apply to children, that causes people to accept such lousy 'arguments'

This part is right on the money. That is exactly the way it was in my case.

I did not really understand it. Just accepted it. The person who studied with me told me that I would understand it once I was baptised and Jehovah's spirit was upon me.

• JT
    JT

Amazing

excellent post

most jw are good folks ---who got bamboozled and hoodwinked

james

• JT
    JT

alan says

"Alright, what if one of your bible students asked the same questions I've been asking?" She said, "Well, I'd try to convince them to put their questions aside, and continue with the study." I said, "Ok, and what then?" She said, "Well, I'd hope that the person would get baptized." I said, "Yes, but what about answering the person's questions that you convinced them to temporarily put aside?" She said, "Well! I'd hope that by then they'd have enough sense not to ask them!" I said, "Mom, think about what you just said. Doesn't it strike you as quite dishonest, because you told the person to forget about their questions, knowing full well that you had no intention of answering them?" She got very upset and handed the phone to my stepdad.

@@@@@@@@@@@@

very powerful and her response is what 99% OF ALL JW WILL GIVE YOU

how sad

james

• JT
    JT

thinker says

. If the WT dropped the "shunning" what percentage of active JWs would leave the religion? Or, how many are staying in just for friends and family association?

########

excellent question i'm sure it would be alot of folks

james

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit