A Great Ex-JW Reunion!!

by kitties_and_horses_oh_my! 15 Replies latest jw friends

• kitties_and_horses_oh_my!
    kitties_and_horses_oh_my!

My hiusband and I left the organization almost a year ago. Since then, I've thought many times of a friend who had DA'd herself about 4 years ago. A few weeks after she'd DA'd herself we passed in a bathroom at a local store. She smiled and said, very kindly, "I hope you're feeling better." I had been really sick with a chronic illness, and despite her touching words she couldn't penetrate the JW defenses. I didn't look at her, didn't talk to her...felt terrible about it, but felt that I had done what I had to do.

Since we left I've looked in the phone book but her number wasn't listed and I wasn't sure where she was living. But last night I found her phone number on the internet. I called her today and it was so amazing. We only had a few minutes to talk - I was on my way to work, she was going out of town for the weekend - but we were practically in tears we were so glad to be able to reach each other and now we have this beautiful chance to have a true friendship based on unconditional love, not judgements. I apologized to her for the horrible way I had treated her years before...she was so kind, understood it was just my JW brainwashing that had taken over. We're going to get together soon (we now have 3 other exJws we hang out with, amazing in such a little area as we live in!) and I'm going to introduce her to the other exJW we know. She hasn't had anyone to truly understand what she went through leaving, and I just thinking about how wonderful it was to hear her voice makes me want to cry.

The best part? When I got home from work today there was a message on my voice-mail. "This is xxx, and I just wanted you to know how happy I am that you called me. Please know that you will always have family in me. I hope we can be really good friends for a long, long, long, long time."

This is so beautiful...true love...not like anything in the JW org.

P.S. - Her life has been going about a million times better since she left! Funny how that eems to happen to everyone who leaves... ;-)

Just wanted to share my joy!!

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

This is wonderful!

Thanks for posting this, and I hope it'll inspire others who may be curious about how 'others' are doing.

This indeed, great! I hope you two get together soon and make up for lost time. This is wonderful!

• shamus
    shamus

There's not too much more to say.....

• Brummie
    Brummie

Dont you just lurrve it when that happens! This has happened to us a couple of times and its a fantastic experience, exjws who meet like this usually become the closest friends you could wish for. I'm real pleased for you...say hi to your friend for us, maybe we will get to meet her here one day.

Brummie

• Prisca
    Prisca

awwwww.... I love happy endings

• avengers
    avengers
    P.S. - Her life has been going about a million times better since she left! Funny how that eems to happen to everyone who leaves... ;-)

Right on!

• zeena1998
    zeena1998

I am just delighted for you!!! That is great! One day I hope to recieve a phone call like that from my friend.

Enjoy your rekindled friendship!!!

Andie

• mouthy
    mouthy

Wonderful news ((( I guess I wont report you to the "BIG BOYS AT BETHEL'')
    They sometimes come visit this site- so to them I say> EAT YOU HEART OUT MATES!!!!!Another one who has escaped your clutches & has found the LOVE you professed ( but didnt have) UNCONDITIONAL LOVE!!!!!!clap hands all in the audience

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

That is beautiful. It must have made your heart melt to hear her on your answering machine saying those kind words!

Winston.

• rocketman
    rocketman

Sounds great!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit