What the Hell is Going on In England ?

by xjw_b12 10 Replies latest jw friends

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Besides the Barbeque I mean.

Last week the British Parliament banned Fox Hunting outright. I never thought I would see that happen.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/programmes/instant_guide.shtml

And just the other day I read that the bars in England are now going to be allowed to stay open past 11:00 pm.

What the hell do you all do after 11:00 pm and 10:30 on Sundays. Time for a cup of tea, and off to bed?

http://famulus.msnbc.com/FamulusIntl/ap07-09-194943.asp?reg=EUROPE

I thought the English stayed up to the wee hours of the morning! Well at least your following the lead of the Scots. I guess they know how to have a good time.

Gotta like the bit about the 16 and 17 year olds being able to accompany their Mom or Dad to the pub though !

Hey Dad...when I'm finished my newspaper route, want to go the pub for a Guinness? LOL

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Must be all good.

Changes are good, and I hope it'll make the jolly ol' English even more jollier than they already are.

But you gotta hand it to the Scots: wicked partiers/drinkers

Rayzorblade of the, "I Survived Glasgow Class"

• ballistic
    ballistic

The English licensing laws are dated back to the war and reform was in order. To stay out after 11, you had to move on to somewhere licensed as a "night club", generally a dance type venue. It was definately time for change. It is said that the 11 o'clock limit actually drove people to drink up quicker to fit more drinks in before the bell rang, creating a binge drinking frenzy followed by masses of people heading out onto the streets simultaneously.

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

You said it Rayzor........pubs open past 11pm? I'm all for it.

And the fox hunting thing? good I'm glad they banned that barbaric "sport".....Whats Charles and Camilla to do now?

• ballistic
    ballistic

Scooby what are you doing up at this time!!!

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12
    It is said that the 11 o'clock limit actually drove people to drink up quicker to fit more drinks in before the bell rang, creating a binge drinking frenzy followed by masses of people heading out onto the streets simultaneously.

LOL Great idea. Now you won't have to dodge a bunch of drunken Englishmen when you're out taking your dog for a walk

• expatbrit
    expatbrit
    Whats Charles and Camilla to do now?

Hunt busybody city dwellers who have no idea of the realities of country life?

Expatbrit

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

Where I live the bars stay open till 2:00 a.m.

• Mary
    Mary
    Whats Charles and Camilla to do now?

Maybe she can learn to sit up and bark and wag her tail at Charles even more than she does now. God she's one hideous looking woman (shudder)......I could never figure out who was uglier: Camilla, or Wallis Simpson.

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

Camillia can try and fix herself with plasic surgery. Poor Wallis did not have that option.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit