Motivated by Pure Love

by Farkel 14 Replies latest jw friends

• mommy
    mommy

Farkel
    Yet another great post! When I was in, I complained of the lack of love in the org. Several people, including elders, tried to blame it on individual beleivers. I don't know how many times I was told that we shouldn't look on the personal level for love to be shown.

I could never express that I saw it was coming from the top. This post does just that. Thank you.
    wendy

• outnfree
    outnfree

Just wanted to express my thanks for the outpouring of love shown on this thread by JanG, safe, sf and nojw. I read some of the replies yesterday, but just was too emotional to respond. Things are a bit better today, thank you all!

Sorry, too, Farkel, that my response seems to have stolen a bit of your thunder.

Or has it? Because the freedom to express ourselves openly and the willingness to be kind here on the board is in STARK contrast to the hateful quotes cited above. (Love on the "personal level", Mommy!]

Thanks again for your honest and hard-hitting work.

outnfree

• Francois
    Francois

The Borg doesn't see its own hypocrisy. Nor does it recognize or appreciate or admit its own false prophesying.

Do you all remember the times when the society brought back the concept of "blood guilt" for JWs? If your car had bad brakes and you knew it and failed to have them repaired, and then while driving your JW friends out in field service, for instance, you got in a wreck and someone in your car was killed, you were "blood guilty." And of course there are many other examples of the re-application of mosaic law by the Borg.

This was because that even though the old mosiac laws no longer apply, the "principle" still applies...according to the Borg.

Now consider the entire book of Galatians. The burden and thrust of the entire letter is a warning to those living in Galatia to be on the watch for any who would attempt to reimpose the old law. And the warning was made in the strongest terms.

There was no exception for the reimposition of the mosaic law via a claim that "principle" still applied. There was no exception at all.

So what we have here is the "only channel of communication that God is using today" violating the word of that changeless God in its naked attempt to reimpose the old mosaic law via specious claims of the application of "principle." It occurs to me that it's illogical to reimpose only a part of the mosaic law on "principle." If reimposing blood guilt is allowable and desireable, then the entire law must be reimposed. Can't pick and choose among the laws, after all.

I wonder when we're going to get back to stoning false prophets?

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Outnfree.....

{{{{{Hugs}}}}}

Safe

<"A woman without a man is like a fish without a bicycle.">

• Farkel
    Farkel

Safe4Kids,

: <"A woman without a man is like a fish without a bicycle.">

Yeah? Well a man without a woman will find all sorts of ingenous ways to violate a bicyle, and if it's been long enough, to violate the fish, too. Even if the fish is dead. Necrofishia is the medical term for that. (I made that up!)

Francoise:

"Do you all remember the times when the society brought back the concept of "blood guilt" for JWs?

I find it ironic that the idiotic leaders of dubs would use a term that applies to themselves more than anyone else. By their ban on blood transfusions, which cannot and never will be supported in scripture they are more "blood guilty" than any of their members that they accuse of having "blood guilt." I detest those bloody (no pun intented) assholes who are the biggest hypocrites, liars, manipulators and your basic and total self-serving jerks that I've ever known.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit