Comments You Will Not Hear at the 7-13-03 WT Study

by blondie 33 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Far North
    Far North

We just had to put a pet down and more than one person told us to read this Questions from Readers so we wouldn't feel bad about doing it.

Many witnesses want every decision in their lives made for them so they feel no guilt. They are just the pawns the Society is looking for, totally dependent on the Org.

I guess we could have sat down with our pet and prayerfully considered this issue with him before making our decision, but looking at his physical suffering was enough to help us decide what the loving thing was to do. We didn't even have to write the Society or call an Elder to make the choice for us.

Some witnesses are so weak and feeble minded they almost deserve to be jerked around. Almost.

• lawrence
    lawrence

Blondie- When I think of a billion hours in human lifetimes, all that comes to mind is what Jesus said - "you Pharisees traverse land and sea to make one disciple and you make him/her twice as condemnable to hell." All that time preaching hatred and divisiveness, no mercy and lots of judgement, and moreso, always having to be RIGHT about EVERYTHING; always ready and WILLING to 1 up every poor S.O.B. just trying to get by in this crazy world. Anyone afraid to come out of the Organization (any religious organization) should pick up a copy of my poetry collection, 'Poems For Those Inclined Toward God.' (www.pigdog-press.com/lmp/) If anyone needs a trip to the wilderness to shake out their demons and writhe away all the wicked crap they have absorbed at meetings and conventions, I take people into the mountains, where it all goes away - very quickly. "Perfect love casts out all fears." lawrence

• blondie
    blondie

Hi outnfree. Thanks for the encouragement.

Very good, reporter. I see you have given this some thought, possibly while sitting in the KH.

Spiritual terrorism: "marking" talks, CO and elder "do more, do more, do more, and when you're done that, do some more" pep rallies

Hi cat, and welcome.

1975 here we come again.

Well, at least the WTS has learned to keep its options open since then. Of course, that little faux pas was authored by Fred Franz who has since gone on and there is no successor, thank God.

Blueblades

, I join with you in thanking Will Power for that special addition. Definitely a comment you will not hear at the WT study.

Bluesbrother

, I didn’t detect many problems with neutrality here in the US. That is due to the fact that many people in the US were not in favor and demonstrated that with marches. The attention was on them rather than JWs.
    Par 11 onwards skipped between Rev 12, 2 Chron 20 (Many centuries earlier) & Ezek 38 with hardly a word to link up these very separate scriptures. Convincing argument?? I think not!

Gog will be discussed next week in detail.

And I am wondering why the need to repeat the QFR that was done in 1977?

11/15/77 p 703 Questions

from Readers

Is it wrong to take the life of an old or sick pet?

No, for the Bible shows that humans have the authority and responsibility to decide if, when and how to end an animal’s life.

But the fact is that the Bible does not say that it is wrong to put such a pet to death. A person may even conclude that doing so in a quick and relatively painless manner is better than providing the animal with expensive treatment that merely prolongs its suffering.

Welcome, Far North

Yes the Pharisaical rules grow every month.

Many witnesses want every decision in their lives made for them so they feel no guilt.

Yes, that is what makes a true believer, why he/she joins a mass movement. If you haven’t already, read "True Believer" by Eric Hoffer.

Welcome, Lawrence. Poetry, eh? I’ll have to look into that. Good comment here.

all that comes to mind is what Jesus said - "you Pharisees traverse land and sea to make one disciple and you make him/her twice as condemnable to hell."

Thanks all for your comments. I can honestly say I learned more this week than I ever learned at the WT study.

Blondie

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Fear-based religion?????

Fear of being disfellowshipped is the big bogey.

Fear God, ....fear the devil......fear the demons.......fear the elders.......fear armageddon.......fear the neighbours....fear disfellowshipped ones.......fear society in general........fear death....fear having fun......fear cell phones?....where does the fear stop with the dubs???

ESTEE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit