Did anything a householder said ever make an impression on you?

by Alleymom 64 Replies latest jw friends

• kilroy2
    kilroy2

I had a partner for 12 years that was an elder, we used to install flooring of all sorts for a living togeather. once we had a former witness we were working for,try to tell him about why the dubs were wrong. he had a book on witnesses and asked if daryl would like to read it. kunde goes I already know everything in that book, I could not let it go. I said dont lie you never have read anyting that was against the witnesses. the guy [this was so funny] walks tward daryl trying to hand him the book saying just take a look at it. I at the same time was saying he cant even touch it he could get dfed.daryl kept backing up shaking his hands and his head till his back to his surprise hits the corner with a thud. every one stoped. and I started to laugh. daryl was pissed and the home owner started to laugh.

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

The experience that floored me was when a householded screamed "I want nothing to do with Jehovah's Witnesses, my daughter was a JW and she committed suicide." I wondered "Why?" and began to think more critically of my religion.

• smurfette
    smurfette

Lover of Truth's experience would make anyone re-evaluate their life I'd think. How awful!

• smurfette
    smurfette

The householders that stick out in my mind I encountered with my best friend when I was 15. They were these 2 hot guys who invited us in to talk to them & an assortment of their relatives. Turns out they were all very well versed in scripture and knew more than both of us put together about JW doctrine. They asked us questions about everything from the 144,000 to the Trinity, to blood roundly defeating us on every argument. (to be fair my only r.v. at this point was a lonely old lady who gave me cookies) They did an awesome job in convincing us our religeon made no sense whatsoever. While I already had serious concerns about the whole JW thing at that point, they completely wiped out any lingering doubt I had.

• Alleymom
    Alleymom
    Lover of Truth's experience would make anyone re-evaluate their life I'd think. How awful!

It's horrifying. It's scary and awful and so sad. I picture Lover of Truth and the distraught woman and her poor daughter and I feel overwhelmed thinking about the lives that have been affected. This thread has given me so much to think about. I've laughed out loud at some of the incidents, while others, such as Lover of Truth's, have filled me with sadness and horror. How I wish the Christians in the churches could know about the heartbreak this religion brings. Maybe they'd stop being afraid to open their doors and their hearts to the next JW's who come by. Thank you for being so open and sharing your memories. I am sorry I haven't answered each one of you, but I think most of the messages speak for themselves. Love to you all! Marjorie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit