Are you a special case?

by JH 11 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Whatever you do, are you always the exception to the rule? Does it ever happen that you see a doctor and he can't understand your problem, that you are a unique case that he never seen before? Or if you go to the garage with your car, and have a problem that no one ever had?

Are you too often a special case?

• m0nk3y
    m0nk3y

Only when I seek the advice of an unqualified person or someone thats trying to scam more dollars outta me than exists

monk3y

• blondie
    blondie

I believe that in my totality I am unique, one of a kind. But I also believe that portions of my life experience mirror that of others.

I have to admit though that when something does go wrong, I often hear said, "That's never happened before." And it usually means something uniquely expensive will have to be paid for by me.

Are you talking about having a egocentric view of things?

http://pw1.netcom.com/~zeno7/ego.html

Egocentrism is the simple recognition that every living thing views the world from a unique, self-oriented perspective. A woman, for example, sees other people around her, but not herself. She notices that others see her, but does not see herself unless facing a mirror (an indirect reflection). At its core, the word "egocentric" means nothing more than this self-evident observation and perspective.
    Each of us cannot help being egocentric, because that is the way we see the world. If you and I are sitting at a table at a restaurant, we share the egocentric view of being inside of that building, in a particular city and country. Someone in another restaurant, city or country at that moment will have a completely different reference point, based on their unique, egocentric viewpoint.

Here's looking at you!

Blondie

• wednesday
    wednesday

well yes, at times. Take my recent shoulder surgery, ortho doc with many years experience says it is the worst he has ever seen.

I often react to medicaton and have bad side effects, in fact my doc said i am usually in the 1% . So i get SE that only 1% of the populatin does.

My doc says b/c i have been a victim, predators know this and look for people like me.So i have learned to carry a big stick.

weds

• shamus
    shamus

I've been called a nut case! Hee hee!

• KGB
    KGB

Oh boy ! in January of 1997 I suffered an Anyuerism in my brain, the Doc told that that the size of the Hemotoma(did I spell that right) ? was surprising that I or anyone could survive it. The pool of blood that spilled out onto my brain was rather large and even if surviving it most people have several problems afterwards like can't walk or talk or think. So yes I am unique or maybe just damn lucky.

Then a year ago I got up to go do some work one mourning and had a slight problem getting up on my feet after putting on my shoes, I went to a Chiropractor thinking I put my back out. He said " I need to take xrays first", I said for what I just put my back out ! He said maybe maybe not, well it was the not. After all these years I find out that I have a birth defect in my spine, it's called Spina-Bifida. It is a wheel chair paralyzing from the waist down crippling problem. Along with that he says that I should of already been in a wheelchair along time ago and asked me if I was some kind of tough bastard. Well I do have a high tollerance to pain and always contributed the pain to hard work. I'm the kind of guy you can slug in the face and I'm gonna still be standing there, more than likely slugging back but still standing. I'm not done yet, then he says that I have Arthritus that you would see in a 65 year old man oh blam there goes that slug in the face !!! So in away I am unique but not in a good way...

• one
    one

yes, regularly i got used to it,.

Being a jw in the past, combined with other uncommon factor has contributed greatly to it.

Besides murphy's laws are alway at work

In that regard i got tentative titles for a couple of books i should be wrriting, I mean there is alwasys a positive side to every situation...

• jgnat
    jgnat

My doctor called me a klutz. Does that count? Actually, Medicine and Automotive Mechanics are half science, half witch doctory. Diagnosis is an art form. Some are good at it, some are just good guessers.

• Been there
    Been there

I'm probably normal when it comes to things going wrong in life, but when it comes to a missing or broken part in something I just bought?..............I ALWAYS get that box.

• SadElder
    SadElder

so who's normal?????????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit