The 10 point resolution adopted at the 2003 District Conventions

by crownboy 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary

Didn't the Revelation Book (yawn) say something about the "resolutions" at an assembly in the 1920s or 1930s was "prophecied" in the bible or some shit like that??

Here's a few more:

- In the beginning was the Organization, and the Organization was with God, and the Organization WAS God...............or was a God...........I mean, WAS God!! whew!

- Resist Independent Thinking. The future of this religion depends on this.

- Wake Up!!

- Clap loud and long to wake your children up.

- Do not put rum in your Coke and/or Diet Coke during the Assembly unless you brought enough for everyone;

- Do You Like The Colour Of My Shirt?

- You will be assimilated. Resistance, is futile

• undercover
    undercover
    8) Give god glory by reading his word daily. Reject propaganda that is not with his word; make sure statements conform to the pattern of "healthful words".

I did just that after the DC. I pulled out the indexes and looked up "1914" and "generation". May 1 or 15th(already forgot) 1985 WT that talks about the generation that saw 1914 would not pass away. Read those articles. It kept emphasizing that Jesus promised that "the generation that saw these things would not pass away" and that it was due anytime because of that promise. Then I went to a newer WT. One in 99. Generation no longer means the same thing. Generation is a group of people who see the things that happened since 1914. No longer is the promise that this generation will not die there. It gives some roundabout reasoning about how Jesus used the word generation. It emphasizes that they don't know when the end will happen. So one of these WTs was in error. It was not "truth". New light or light getting brighter does not work. One of these WTs was false.

Well, what does the Bible say about false prohpets. What does the WTS say? Isn't the WTS or FDS providing information from God today? I looked up "anointed". It referenced me to "congregation of god" or something like that. Read the Reasoning book's explanation of false prophets. Saw it in a WT also. Those that "prohecy" or predict in "God's name" and it does not come true are false prophets. If they don't do it in God's name, it is not false prophecy. The WT article I found had a lengthy footnote on how that even though the WTS had in the past made wrong predictions, it was never done as coming from Jehovah. So therefore the term "false prohet" cannot apply to them. I looked up a couple more references. In another WT, the claim is made that the modern day FDS is God's "channel of communication" and the WT is the instrument used to dispense this to the faithful. Once again, one WT is false. They are in complete contradiction of each other.

These statements do not conform to the patten of healthful teachings, therefore they cannot orginate from God. So by the WTs own criteria, they do not stand the test of their own resolutions.

• unique1
    unique1

You people crack me up. What a way to start off the morning. Thanks. I think I might try the coke and rum idea next time I get stuck at an assembly, which hopefully will never be.

• willyloman
    willyloman

Crownboy:

This resolution is clearly the oft-forgotten 8th trumpet blast of Revelation which bible students have been eagerly awaiting since the 7th was sounded in the 1920's. Keep up, dude!

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir
    What the heck is supposed to be the point of these 'resolutions', anyway? There's nothing in them to inspire passion, they're for internal consumption so they're not going to be distributed to outsiders... it's just utterly pointless, even beyond the pointlessness of the convention itself.

I always thought to myself, "And now, folks, we've come to the 'audience participation' segment of our show."

They think people will stay awake if they're supposed to be responding.

They think people will feel all important if they can join in adopting a resolution. They'll be heading home from the conventions thinking "I was there! In the future when publications talk about the 'important' resolutions that were made public at the 2003 convention, I can say I was there!"

"Resolutions" my butt...as if the rank and file had any choice.

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

1) Glorify Jehovah by continuing to manifest "the fruits of holy spirit". Cooperate with the spirit and the organization.

dont think for yourself on this, we'll determine what the fruit of the holy spirit is, and we define it as loyalty to the organisation

2) Offer "fruit of lips" to give a public declaration of Jehovah's message.

answer up at the meetings as many times as possible and give lots of talks

3) Continue to denounce untruths that are not in line with god's word. Included were: evolution, idol worship, the trinity, etc.

not included in that is 1874, 1914, 1925, 1975 etc

4) Bring up children in "discipline and mental regulation of Jehovah".

indoctrinating, emotionaly blackmailing, and mental and physical abuse

5) Praise Jehovah by means of our conduct. This applies to all times and circumstances in our life.

including protecting and supporting paedophiles and physical abusers

6) Do not attribute to creatures what belongs to god. Don't give undue admiration to athletes, movie stars, etc.

which does not include giving the organisation/GB glory

7) Maintain "Christain neutrality" in world affairs, even if it means being hated by the world.

even if it means the GB/organisation doesn't (see UN, bulgaria blood issue)

8) Give god glory by reading his word daily. Reject propaganda that is not with his word; make sure statements conform to the pattern of "healthful words".

reading his word daily meaning the word jehovah publishes in the WT (see franz court testimony). reject all negative 'lies' about the WTS including the protection of paedophiles.

9) Praise Jehovah with "one mouth" in the Christain brotherhood. We should preach in unison.

tow the party line no matter how wrong you think it may be, and woe betide you if you dont.

10) Give Jehovah glory by keeping his kingdom first in our lives. We should use our energy and "valuable things" to reach this end.

in other words attend 5 meetings a week, pre study of 5 meetings, minimum of 10-12 hours on field service, family study, ministry school and preperation of it, personal study, and dont forget to keep the cash rolling in.

• RandomTask
    RandomTask
    If the light gets any brighter, some of you will go blind.

Best. Quote. Ever.

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

Well Piph and I went to the convention this weekend, and she made a good point in regard to the resolution. It was a summary of the convention program. So, after forcing everyone to sit and listen to this stuff for three days... they make them express agreement with it all before they leave. Basically, it's a control thing.

• gumby
    gumby
    My Mom called me to say how "refreshing" the convention was. How can the same old stagnant water be refreshing?

I'll bet if you took a survey one day after the assembly and asked any dub to list all the things that really moved them in some way, or was new, or that they can even remember,........their answers would be small. Is it worth the effort they go through and the time and money, to recieve nothing but a vacation with a suit on, sitting on your butt, bored out of your mind most of the time?

Gumby

• be wise
    be wise

Pleasuredome

9) Praise Jehovah with "one mouth" in the Christain brotherhood. We should preach in unison.
    tow the party line no matter how wrong you think it may be, and woe betide you if you dont.

No wonder certain members of the WTS hate us - that was spot on!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit