Canadian Branch Office directed a congregation to lock the door during the meetings

by Watchtower-Free 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Clambake
    Clambake

I have wondered how elders have no problem sending children and women door to door in dangerous neighbors or driving up and down icy roads but locking the door during a meeting?

Really

All it is about is trying to stop people arriving late or ducking out early

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Room 215 - "They've long since abandoned the pretense that the Sunday 'public' lecture is for anyone but the initiated JW, anyway..."

Considering how much anti-everything rhetoric gets spouted from the platform these days, that's probably for the best, anyway. :smirk:

• blondie
    blondie

I know congregations in bad areas that have been robbed twice finally locked their door and put 2 brothers on it to let people in they know. Someone must vouch for them inside the congregation.

Of course, the 2nd robbery was done by the grandson of a sister who was there!

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

The door was locked but there is a doorbell and a camera.

People could come late and still get in.

• elderINewton
    elderINewton
    In Canada its standard practice in urban halls to do this. But you must have someone sit by the doors at all times to not break fire codes.
  • wannaexit
    wannaexit
    They thought about it at the hall I attended. It's a safety measure.
  • cofty
    cofty
    Our door didn't used to be locked but there was internal CCTV and a little red LED flashed at the attendant's station when the door opened downstairs. It kept flashing until it was cancelled so he would go down to welcome anybody coming in late.
  • carla
    carla
    If I was an interested person and they locked me in...(cue the creepy movie music).... would scare the crap out of me more than any street person! oh, then add the love bombing that would happen first, yikes! I shudder to think of it! but it could make a great scary movie scene.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit