Ever feel like this?

by Aztec 65 Replies latest jw friends

• Aztec
    Aztec

I would really like to fall in love with someone. I've been close a few times but, something in me always shuts down before I make that leap. (please do not insert dirty response here okay?) The thing is, I am almost 30, drumroll please, and I've never felt like there was that special someone who I could always count on. It's not that I feel lonely, I have too many wonderful friends for that but, I would really love to fall in love! Okay maybe I do feel a little lonely... I would really like to come home from work and have someone there to rub my neck, besides my sweet baby boy, to talk to and share the ups and downs of my day with. Friends can only do so much and, I think I may have a need for something more. Don't laugh but, this is a big step for me. I've been such a diehard bachelorette for so long! Maybe I need to get out more eh?

Shooo, ever feel like that?

~Aztec

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Hey Aztec. It's been a long time since I felt like that.

Now that I am almost 41, I haven't felt any desire to meet-up with anyone.

That's just me speaking for myself, but I can appreciate where you are coming from.

You've got plenty to give, you're good natured, fun-loving, open-minded, and a good Mom to your son. It's not easy being not just a single parent, but perhaps, not having that 'special someone' whom you can relate to.

I suppose it will happen, cliched as it is, but probably when you least expect it.

BUT...he's gonna have to be Rayzorblade approved. (I think there are few others on here who would agree).

NO BOZOS ALLOWED!

((((Aztec))))

• Aztec
    Aztec

(((Raybies)))

BUT...he's gonna have to be Rayzorblade approved.

But, of course! I just would like to have someone who I can always count on for a hug and complete trust. I think I've reached that point in my life. Feels good actually. Does that make me a grown up?

~Aztec

• Aztec
    Aztec

Guessing this topic will die faster than a crack addict on life support...

~Az

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Well I don't really have anything to add except I think you're pretty neat Carrie.

• Aztec
    Aztec

Thank you Chris! Wish some of the local yokels felt the same... I'm such a dweeb!

~Aztec

• shamus
    shamus

Are you kidding, Aztec? I feel that way every day.

I want a relationship, lots of kids, love kids! But, 32 yrs. old, no kids, getting too old... my life is basically screwed... no offence.

Hey, if we're 50, and we're both still single, let's get married, ok? C'mon, just kidding... let's try to look on the bright side of our lonely pitiful existence. Someone will probably come along - you never know from where, Aztec.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Maybe my l'il sis needs a return visit to Toronto .

OH! Since Shamus is making an offer, Vancouver ain't so bad either.

• OrbitingTheSun
    OrbitingTheSun

I know what you mean Aztec. Friendships are great, but there's nothing like love. It's a natural desire. I believe it's in our genes to be content in pairs (maybe not in the same pair for our entire lives, but paired with someone for some period of time). I actually thought about this yesterday while I was playing with my birds. They have each other, they are so happy together, and that is more than many people--including myself--can say. There is beauty in being content alone, it's almost a prerequisite for the beauty that comes from being in a relationship...but don't feel bad or as if you are being "needy" for wanting a relationship.

• Ron1968
    Ron1968

Aztec,

I have always felt much less need and pressure after moving to a large city like I am in now. There are many singles and so much activity. When I lived in a small town, I felt a little different on the matter.

If you live in a big city, I am sure there will be someone come along that is right. I still have a lot of problems to work out, but one day I will be at that point too.

You are so friendly, that I wouldn't worry about much Aztec. You will know when it is time. Your attitude toward people is great and someone will be there soon enough given that.

Ron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit