Shining As Illuminators - New Pioneer School Book

by truthseeker 16 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Hi everyone, I heard this first hand, although it remains unofficial at this point.

Pioneers who are currently serving, will get the new replacement to the old Pioneer Book (1977). I was told they most likely would go back to pioneer school to get one. There is new information in there, though I wasn't told what it was.

Bad news is (if you can call it that), that pioneers who are no longer on the list will not get the new book. This means that even if a pioneer had served for 25 years, that one will not get the new book.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

I forgot to add, that this information came my way from 3 Bethelites.

• minimus
    minimus

If someone is no longer pioneering then they're not on the pioneer list. So they wouldn't get a book. Same would apply to an elder, I would think.

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

This is official; it's being announced at the conventions this year.

What's with the secret books, anyway? I understand that in the case of the Flock book, there's actually stuff there that they want to hide. But I can't imagine that there's anything non-innocuous in the pioneer school textbook! Is it a cost-saving measure? Or is it a way to make pioneers feel like they're part of an exclusive club?

• teejay
    teejay
    What's with the secret books, anyway?

Nothing. They contain the same drivel that's found in the books and mags. What they are able to do is heighten the exclusivity of the sub-group... emphasizing one of the many layers of the "brotherhood" and serving as a carrot for the nobodies publishers to reach out.

• Mary
    Mary
    Bad news is (if you can call it that), that pioneers who are no longer on the list will not get the new book. This means that even if a pioneer had served for 25 years, that one will not get the new book.

Better get out the Kool-Aid...........there's no point in going on with life if we can't get our hands on that book!

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I wonder if they will update the part-time job list in that book. Some of those suggestions were ridiculous. Here is a sample:

1.running movie projector

2.digging graves

3.shoe shining

4.cleaning rest rooms in gas stations

5delivering eggs, fruit, butter, vegetables to homes

6. waxing mobile homes

7. caretaker of homes while people are away.

9. making plant terrariums

10.milk deliveries

I wonder if anyone could have survived with jobs like these.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    Is it a cost-saving measure? Or is it a way to make pioneers feel like they're part of an exclusive club?

Almost certainly the latter. My daughter went to pioneer school at 15, so we had the book kicking around the house for a few years before she got married and moved out (followed by her mother moving out a year later, now if only she'd get married...but I digress ). There's nothing special in there at all, nothing you couldn't find in the other publications. But since JW's tend to be book-worshippers anyway, what better way to motivate them than to offer them a book no one else can have?

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    1.running movie projector

Oh, yeah! There's a good job for a pioneer! And it would last just as long as it took for the theater to get around to showing an R-rated movie and the dutiful pioneer refused to run it!

• logansrun
    logansrun

wannaexit,

That list is hilarious but you should know that it no longer even exists in the current "Illuminators" book. I believe they revised the book in the late 80's and took out the embarrassing suggestions on how to support your "full-time service."

Bradley

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit