Is there life on other planets?

by JH 31 Replies latest jw friends

• heathen
    heathen

These topics come up every once in awhile but I still doubt very seriously that there is any intellegent life on other planets . Those pictures they keep taking are of galaxies or solar systems that are light years away ,for all we know they don't even exist anymore .The farther out they look the farther back in time they are looking at as light only travels 186,000 miles per second . NASA has sent another satellite to mars to look for any signs of life but I doubt they will find anything of consequence.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    I still doubt very seriously that there is any intellegent life on other planets

Are you a creationist? If so I can understand your views. But if you are an evolutionist I am puzzled.

Because of the abundance of life on our planet, it's as if life simply cannot avoid developing (assuming the conditions are not extreme).

• johnny cip
  • ESTEE
    ESTEE

Why would I be so presumptous to think earth is the only place with life???

ESTEE

• teejay
    teejay

No. We are all there is.

• talesin
    talesin

for those who liked the movie 'Contact', check out the book by carl sagan. it was a good read.

and by the way, what if we were planted by others? IMHO, it's just as good a theory as evolutionism and creationism (by the goddess, i don't like 'isms'). just as logical and unprovable. and a lot easier to explain. they came, they saw, and they decided to plant a species and see (or not) what happens.

if so, they are probably sitting back right now either shaking their heads in disgust at what we have done to this beautiful organism (earth), or laughing their a**es off at us!!

(just stirring the pot a bit) (hmm.... pot)

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    and by the way, what if we were planted by others? IMHO, it's just as good a theory as evolutionism and creationism (by the goddess, i don't like 'isms'). just as logical and unprovable.

Hmm... I would not lump creationism, evolution, etc., together like that. Evolution is clear based on fossil records, DNA, and other evidence. Creation has no evidence whatsoever. But aliens planting life on earth? Sure, that's certainly possible. But it would have had to happen a VERY long time ago, and it doesn't negate the fact that evolution has caused all of the species we now see on the planet.

So far there's no evidence to support that conclusion, so it would be safer/better NOT to believe in it (until such evidence is found).

• talesin
    talesin

nope, no believin for me, not in the 'we got here from the swamp', or 'we were created', OR 'we were planted'.

all jokin aside, the only thing i 'know' is we're here now, and darn it, i'm trying to make the best of it.

nonetheless, speculation can be interesting. (btw, seen "chariots of the gods" lately?)

• heathen
    heathen

drwtsn--- I do lean heavily toward the creation side of the arguement of how life got here . The way I see it is you can spend the rest of your life hoping science finds a missing link somewhere or you can look at evidence that really does make sense about creation .There are just too many holes in the theory of evolution for me to take it seriously . There is no evidence of creation or evolution on other planets so far either so I choose to remain a skeptic as to whether live is on other planets until I see some actual proof other than the speculation that comes from human ignorance . The which came first the chicken or the egg arguement will never end .lol

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    ...hoping science finds a missing link somewhere...

That statement shows me that you have not really studied evolution.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit