The high mayor of a French town hates JW's

by Mulan 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan

My brother visited us today, and told us an interesting experience he had last week in France. He was in The Netherlands on business, and they went to France for a few days to visit friends of one of his business contacts, who was the High Mayor of a French town, I cannot pronounce, or remember.

One evening this man began to rant and rave about the Jehovah's witnesses in his town and how much he hates them. My brother is grinning ear to ear, not letting on his connection to them at all (he is df'd since 1978). He asks why and is told that they are constantly "in his face" (the mayor) trying to get rights they once had but don't deserve. He went on an on about what a thorn in his side they are, but that they will never be recognized as a religion again in France...............and will always have to pay taxes.

We thought it was hilarious. My brother never did tell them he used to be one.

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

What a nasty Mayor he must be. My guess is that he's probably intolerant of anyone that doesn't fit his criteria.

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

......damn, I think I just set myself up!!

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    My guess is that he's probably intolerant of anyone that doesn't fit his criteria.

Yeah, he's probably intolerant of groups that protect pedophiles, groups that use mind control, etc. Boy, he really should work on that.

• Mulan
    Mulan
    My guess is that he's probably intolerant of anyone that doesn't fit his criteria.

I sure didn't take it that way. I thought it was great. They want it all, and complain when it gets taken away, and then try to get it anyway.

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

True.....but I couldn't condone someone who "hates" anyone

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Scooby, what about the WTS which admonishes members to hate others?

w61 7/15 p. 420 A Time and Place for Everything ***in order to hate what is bad a Christian must hate the person with whom the badness is inseparably linked.
  • ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

well you got me there drwtsn........ guess hating JWs is funny after all.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

I'm guessing that the mayor has simply had really bad experiences with JWs in one way or another. That would explain his "hatred" towards them (or more correctly the WTS). There are many people here that have a hatred towards the WTS because of the stuff it has pulled.

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

Whatever happened to freedom of religion, folks?

By all means, let the dubs play by the same rules as every other religion. Force the elders to report child molesters. Don't let children die because of lack of blood.

But if other religions don't pay taxes, the dubs shouldn't either. If other religions have legal rights, the dubs should have them too. It's simple justice.

Plus, personally, I don't want the government decided which religions are valid. That's a scary thought.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit