JWs always become frightened....

by MegaDude 19 Replies latest jw friends

• AlanF
    AlanF

An astoundingly good post, Megadude! You're dead nuts on, everything you said.

AlanF

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

Megadude,

Good post dude! Perhaps, I should follow your example. I have always been a straight forward guy with "tact" when necessary.

MR. KIM

• freedom96
    freedom96

Great story!

I always enjoy hearing about witnesses hearing the real truth at the door.

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

well done !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• nowisee
    nowisee

what a great approach, megadude. i will try to remember the things you said the next time if and when i am confronted. (psalm 37 - essentially, "don't fret, keep calm, trust God, do good.") you did all of that. i am sure that that sister will have this experience replaying in her mind for a long time to come -- perhaps you did more good than you know. i hope so.

best wishes, nowisee

• ESTEE
    ESTEE
    "Remember, sister, Jehovah had an organization, but he destroyed it a number of times. (By "Jehovah had an organization I mean Isreal; and yes I'm talking to her in JW-speak so she will be able to grasp the concept) so remember, if you want to please Jehovah, then always follow the truth, not an organization." I repeated it slowly. She understood what I was saying and she frowned.

((((MegaDude))))...I loved it!!!!!

You sure gave her "food" for thought!!!

ESTEE

• ARoarer
    ARoarer

I loved your post Megadude. I was recentley shunned by a dear freind who was also like a family member through marriage. I felt sorry for her because I knew she seemed so uncomfortable. It is so wrong this Org. insists they behave in such a way. I was kind to her when saying hello as we bumped into her, and when she shunned me and my daughter, I said to my daughter, "that is why we chose to leave this "unchristian org." I was kind of sorry I said it loud enough for her to hear me but it spurred deep emotions in me.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    "Remember, sister, Jehovah had an organization, but he destroyed it a number of times. (By "Jehovah had an organization I mean Isreal; and yes I'm talking to her in JW-speak so she will be able to grasp the concept) so remember, if you want to please Jehovah, then always follow the truth, not an organization." I repeated it slowly. She understood what I was saying and she frowned.

Jerry, you are so gooood!

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I remember running into us "apostates" in the door-to-door during my JW days. Always scared me to death, I always thought they had horns and carried a trident...

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Excellent post Jerry. They came by my place a few months ago, and similar to your experience, the woman was a very motherly sort of black woman whose facial expression could melt an iceberg. At the time I was very stressed out about a personal matter and all I could think of to say (in my adrenalized state) was that they should read CoC or visit freeminds.org. And I'm sure my facial expressions were communicating a lot of anger and bitterness. I wish that I could have that one back to do over again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit