JW org Legal Developments Menu Silent on Australian Royal Commission of Inquiry

by steve2 13 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• steve2
    steve2

Go to the Legal Developments menu on JW org. Click on Legal Developments by Region. You will find several countries listed where the ministry and practice of JWs is banned and/or constrained. You will form the view JWs remain an unjustly persecuted religious group in several countries - and you could make a case that your conclusion is sound.

However, under Legal Developments by Region, Australia is not listed. Even if you search by topic, not one single word in JW org can be found on the October 2016 Report on Jehovah's Witnesses by the Australian Royal Commission of Inquiry into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse.

One other "silence" in JW org - and in its publications for the past 3 years - is absolutely no reports on child sexual abuse in the churches of Christendom. The pot appears to finally realize it is sooted black.

Let's hope the silence represents appropriate shame about its appalling ignorance about how to keep children safe and its blatant paramountcy of religious reputation over children's safety.

When the Australian Royal Commission panel meets with representatives of JW org in Sydney in March 2017, let's hope the organization is finally - and forcefully - held to account for the untold harm it has caused across several decades to the childhood victims of sexual abuse within JW organization.

• never a jw
    never a jw

The Royal Commission inquiry doesn't fit the narrative of the Watchtower, nor its financial interests.

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

Self inflicted gag order,

The issue can't be spun as "persecution" like the others,

Theyc can't handle the truth and they know the members CERTAINLY can't,

Always on job one,

If Hillary only had these guys, promoting and suppressing away,

Well,

"0)

• tepidpoultry
  • tepidpoultry
  • smiddy
    smiddy

Typical ploy of the WT Borg ,ignore it and hide it from the faithful .Why advertise they have a serious problem with the ARC ,best not to say anything about it, Jehovah will sort it out soon and it will all blow over.

Then again pigs might fly, or Armageddon might come

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Good find, Steve2.

And yes, I also hope that the WTS is forced to acknowledge the harm that the cult has cause to many innocent people, and is punished for it.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    "...Jehovah will sort it out soon..."

Any time I hear that phrase, I'm inclined to reply with:

"how do you know that's not what's happening, now?"

:smirk:

• bohm
    bohm

From this, together with how the WT is treating their recent sell-offs, we can conclude that the WT has moved on from saying made up things happened invisibly to real things!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ tepidpoultry...

I also like: "If you have to cheat to defend your beliefs, your beliefs don't deserve to be defended."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit