Any Radio/Former Radio People on the Forum?

by Robdar 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Robdar
    Robdar

I would set up an ‘station” over the internet then you would be the program director, deal?

One,

That would be a great deal.....Let me know when you are ready to go for it!

memorable experience? well, not vocal experience but i did get a few electrical shocks, not to mention lighting damaging antennas

Electrical shocks? Good Heavens, that is a scary thought. I am glad that you survived that. Thunderstorms while I was on the air or at the xmitter site used to scare the you-know-what out of me.

What do you think about sunspots? Back in '79 our AM (automated) just stopped working. I walked into the radio station and Paul Kelly, our engineer, was kicking and cussing. He tried for almost a week to get the AM to operate. Finally, one day, when the sunstorms were over, everything was working again.

We used to laugh over that. Heh, there wasn't much else we could do.

Robyn

• one
    one

R,

What do I think? It is hard to believe, strictly from the technical point of view.

Sunstorms are more likely to affect the analytical thinking ability of any one, including engineers, specially if they believe in miracles or esoteric stuff.

A good excuse is always a convenience.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Sunstorms are more likely to affect the analytical thinking ability of any one, including engineers, specially if they believe in miracles or esoteric stuff.

LOLOLOL, Good one! It's a pity that Paul is dead, he would have loved that too.

Robyn

• integ
    integ

I am a current radio announcer and producer, have been for years, in a medium market in the U.S. I'm a former program director. I have worked top 40, dance, talk, country etc. everything but christian format. How did I get away with all this while still being a JW? It's a very interesting story.

Integ.

• one
    one

Integ,

Does your story include the use of a "voice changer" or a long travel to work, lets say to another city?

Or did you get training as a double agent for a counter intelligence agency or something?

I was a consultant for a radio station many years ago and the station was purchased by BIG worldwide church. I had a panic attack and resigned within weeks, before they (jw) found out.

That was one of my several resignations due to 'conflict of interest', i lost tons of $, but who knows i may get it ($) back from the wt bank account some day, somehow... today you hear about class action you never heard before.

Taliking about class actions did you know that putting a "radio" (cel phone) on your ear is "dangerous to your health"? Lawyers are working on it.

The world economy does not need another blow. That is ONE of the reasons why nothing has happened YET.

But the cellualr industry (handset manufactures) has not done much to mitigate or reduce their exposure. Not much has been done on the ergonomic front to a least cry "it its safe" or "safer". Maybe those 'earplugspeakers'' will help them...

Why am i talking about that on this thread anyway?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit