Information For Flashers.

by Englishman 17 Replies latest jw friends

• berylblue
    berylblue

I honest to god thought this was a thread for, well, you know....flashers....dirty old men in raincoats, that kind of thing.

Guess that says a lot about the way I think.

R

• berylblue
    berylblue
    It usually means to slow down, police ahead

When I was a teen, my home was on a highway. (King's Highway in South Jersey, to be precise.) It was a lovely residential area, but on a major road nevertheless. Speed 25 mph. Most everyone did at least 35.

Right after our house was a speed trap. The police used to sit there and wait for persons speeding around a corner about 1/8 mile up the road and ticket them.

My brother got the great idea to paint a big sign which read, "COP AHEAD". He stood at the curve in the road, where a speeding driver would be unable to see that the police were waiting ahead.

Now, 99 percent of the persons who saw that sign would wave, say thanks, and slow down.

Invariably, there was that one person out of one hundred who would give my brother the finger and speed up....right into the police speed trap, where I was waiting, laughing.

Gives new meaning to the WTS admonition, "Do you heed warnings?"

• Simon
    Simon
    Go ahead and make your move, I am giving way to you

There was a TV programme a while back where this came up. Apparently, the 'official meaning' of flashing your lights is for a warning to other drivers, not as an invitation.

Be careful if someone flashes you and you think they mean 'go ahead, pull out'. They may really mean "watch out for that big lorry that will splat you" !

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

I saw "Englishman" and "Flasher" in the same line, and sort of shuddered.

• termite 35
    termite 35

Ha Ha Scooby !

I thought it'd be some useful seasonal tip such as ;

' During the summer months it's unadvisable to approach women who are strimming the garden '

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

....LOL.... or " whilst using the hedgecutters its unadvisable to show passing ladies your new-found hobby/interest/past-time"

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

lol

I thought myself that E-man was going to impart some useful advice gained from personal experience on the subject of ..... flashing. Not that there's anything wrong with that! I guess. I mean if you do it legally, that is. That's what I thought anyways, that there might be legal ways to do so and hence the title "Information for Flashers". Maybe just exposing -- uh -- sharing some personal experience and advice. Baring it all -- No! -- uh, sharing something. Hey, it's none of my business! You do whatever blows your skirt up -- damn! wrong way to put it -- just do whatever makes you happy, Englishman!

I'm going to stop now and get naked and put on an overcoat and go out on the sidewalk cook some dinner.

Mike.

• ninecharger
    ninecharger

My Mom was flashed in the park once.

She took a look and said:"It wasn't worth it sweetie."

Am I drunk or off the shelf?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit