Fireworks... Pure Joy.

by confuzcious 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• confuzcious
    confuzcious

For all of you from the U.S.A.

Just did fireworks for the first time in YEARS.

It's Independence Day here.

VERY VERY FUN!!!!

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

You're lucky... fireworks are illegal here. My wife and I are going to watch the city do a fireworks show near the river though.

• confuzcious
    confuzcious

Yes. I'm LUCKY...

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

In the apartment complex where I live, I'm on the fourth floor. The complex is set by the canal. It's very nice. Every year, the city has a fireworks display set to music performed by the symphony. If you go to the landing on the back stairs, you have a perfect view of the fireworkd. This year we were able to see not one...but three separate cities having there fireworks display. It was something to see. A quarter moon, a cooling breeze, and the sky alight with fireworks.

Happy 4th of July y'all

Arrowstar

• Trotafox
    Trotafox

Fireworks are great. Just got done watching the Boston Pops by the River spectacle with the Mormon Taberncale Choir on TV. It was just absolutely beautiful. I would love to attend that fireworks celebration in person sometime but a hotel probably cost plenty of $$$$ during this holiday. Boston is well known for their 4th of July celebration. Unfortunately, my little city can't afford a very big display but it's nice for the kiddies.

I really enjoyed my first 4th two years ago after being a JW for 11 years. Felt like a kid again and very, very proud of my country. I'm so grateful for the wonderful freedoms we enjoy .

Happy Birthday USA.

Trot

• nowisee
    nowisee

i live on the top two floors in the highest house on top of a high hill. so we overlook a large town; every july 4th we go out on the deck and watch six or seven simultaneous fireworks shows all over the horizon, the closest being about a mile away, the furthest probably 20 or so. cool.

• confuzcious
    confuzcious

More than anything, I just felt like a kid again... you know???

I mean, I would like these big old bottle rockets (remember them) and run away real fast before all hell breaks loose.

I guess when I was a kid, there was an element of danger involved (slim as it was). But it was really fun.

I live on the beach, so in some parts of the city it's ok to shoot fireworks into the ocean.

• OrbitingTheSun
    OrbitingTheSun

I love pyrotechnics of all sorts, especially fireworks. They feel like stars on Earth.

• kitties_and_horses_oh_my!
    kitties_and_horses_oh_my!

We just got back from watching the fireworks - my first time ever! - and it was wonderful. I think this could easily become my favorite holiday!

• JeffT
    JeffT

We got a special invite from the manager of our building to go up on the roof. Had a great view of the big display over Elliot Bay. We got also see bits and pieces of a couple of other displays, and the horizon was alive with smaller stuff going up in all directions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit