I started drinking

by JH 21 Replies latest jw friends

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

im not as think as you drunk i am

• ballistic
    ballistic

There's nothing wrong with sometimes being under the affluence of incohol!

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

BLECK

Look at the mans right hand, where his fingers are discolored from smoking. double bleck!!!

• Undecided
    Undecided

Just be careful it doesn't become something you can't live without.

I've known several families that have been ruined by alcohol, some related to me by marriage. My 1st cousin's husband drank himself to death. Two of my aunts marriages were ruined by their drunk husbands. My daughter's husbands father is killing himself, ruining his business and putting alot of worry on his son and my daughter. My wife's father caused her a lot of grief by his alcoholism.

Just be careful you don't let it control you, if you can enjoy a beer or drink sometimes and it doesn't cause any problems with your family, enjoy it.

Ken P.

• Hamas
    Hamas

Good for you.

• freein89
    freein89

like everyone said, not to worry about a little drinky,it is good for you in moderation. Great way to unwind at the end of the day. When the 'experts" said beer is as good as the much-touted wine I decided to drink a beer every day. I sat down and opened a beer every evening for about a month, my husband finished the beer every time. I think most any booze would give you the effect you are looking for, experiment if you don't really like beer. If you like the beer, have your beer and follow the advice given here, it is good advice, maybe not as tasty as the beer but hey, you can't have everything.

And . . . after I had my first child-25 years ago-yikes, the Dr. said to have a beer once in a while-good for the milk supply, the yeast in beer was the thing. Once a week I gagged down a beer. From my daughters I have learned that beer is still recommended for the ole' milk supply. It does work for that, I could have fed the entire neighborhood. And no, my kid did not grow up to be an alcoholic

he's an axmurderer!!!

• shera
    shera

Good GAWD Iron...blaahhh. Someone put that man in rehab!

I think when a person has a problem is when they have to have it.

• Scully
    Scully

Some of the defining characteristics of becoming dependent on alcohol (or other substances) include:

• the desire to drink when you get up in the morning
    • needing to have a drink before you go to bed
    • hiding your drinking from other people
    • drinking so much that you have blackouts
    • neglecting other parts of your life so that you can drink
    • feeling the need to have a drink in order to function properly
    • in social situations, being careful to only drink moderately or abstaining completely

There are other characteristics, but these are the most significant, especially the ones that attempt to deny or hide the dependency from people around you.

There's nothing wrong with having what amounts to one bottle of beer every other day. It's Canada, it's summertime. It's part of our culture. Plus you're talking about it. That's healthy. If you weren't talking about it, or hiding it, then it becomes unhealthy.

Love, Scully

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

I wondered why Coke issued a profit warning....lol

Expatbrit

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Those pics are so....so....so....even drunk, I would not go home with him. If I were poor, homeless, drunk and high I would not go home with that man.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit