JW'S and God's Justice?

by micheal 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• micheal
    micheal

If Jw's are the only ones to survive armageddon, than wouldn't you agree that witness that were born into the "truth" caught the break of a lifetime - Thus my question is, how can one say that this is true justice?

Apr 10, 2003

But according to them, they have the truth, so in theory to be born into witness family doesn't really do much for god's justice. Especiallly considering all the great people that will never get a chance to recieve "a witness" that will, again according to them, be eternally destroyed at armageddon. And I refuse to believe that hearing " Do you want the latest wt and awake mags?" is good enough for god to say " okay they recieved their witness, if they don't change i must destroy them"

Thus my point being if it is the truth like they say it is than those born into it have a 100000000000000 better chance of everlasing life than anyone else on the planet does. Thus God is not a just god at all. Thus jw's cannot have the truth.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

I used to ponder this very question when I was a teen. "of all the people born in the world what are the odds that I was born into the right religion?" I used to say. My parents responded with the comment, "Even if you were not raised a witness you would have been contacted and became one because Jehovah sees a good heart in you." Of course this was nothing other than predestination disguised as Divine love and wisdom. The question of odds I know realize was a misuse of statisical probability as any unique occurance is statistically mindboggling, but the answer they gave haunted me even worse than my initial question. What made me more "good" or desirable than the 99.9% of the world? I certainly did not feel that good.

The real answers took many years to unravel. Cult investment in large part results from the initiate being convinced they are "special" among men. They are blessed, favored, gifted, etc. This goes a long way tward suppressing doubts and furthurs the emotional isolation from society outside the cult/group.

This why those who defy the directive to limit association with unbelievers so often slack off in their JW duties or develop doubts. The specialness erodes as we get to understand people are people in and out the group.

A verse that deeply impressed and afected me was Romans 2:15-16, especially 16. This verse is never explained by JWs as it suggests that God would favorably judge (excuse) those who never heard the "good news" so they would surive Armagedon if they were good and conscientious people. I obessed about that verse for years seeing how it contradicted other passages. The application the WT made of verse 15 was also misleading as it ignored thge context that made clear the "accusing and excusing" was not merely pains of concience as they asserted, but an actual judgement by god. This made cracks in my perfect world. My subsequent research has provided the answers I needed about Bible history and science that enabled me to finally break free from the fundementalist JW programming that was intoxicating me. But it all started with the question you asked in your title.

• Sangdigger
    Sangdigger

Its been a while since i pondered on this part of the dub religion. But if i remember correctly, dont the ones who never get a chance to hear the WT message recieve a second chance in the ressurection, while those who heard the 60 second presentation and refused the mags die forever? And the ones who do reject the WT message, but die before Armageddon fall into the category with the ones who never heard and also get a second chance. At least thats the way i remember it? Can anybody elaborate?

• micheal
    micheal

The last two points you made Sangdigger are correct, but the first point where one never gets contacted has been explained by the witnesses as " community responsibility". I.E. China, They said that logically not everyone will be able to get a witness with such a large population and a government that does not allow them to preach freely, so than god will "read their hearts" and base his decision on that.

I mean what a load of crock that is. 1. Why ever get these people to preach in the first place if it boils down to that anyway. 2. This is the value they put on life, what a joke. I thought Jesus died for ALL humankind.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Michael..You must have new light. The WT has never suggested that those who do not get preached to and so therefore do not attatch themselves to the Organization will survive Armagedon. The community responsiblity excuse is used to justify this god killing billions of people whose governments restricted the work of JWs. The consistant teaching is that unless a person gets baptised as a JW and is actively sharing in the preaching work to the extent possible, as deemed by god, they will die at Armagedon and depart into "everlating cutting off". At the Wt public relations web site they attempt conceal this doctrine.

• worldlygirl
  • gumby
    gumby
    The consistant teaching is that unless a person gets baptised as a JW and is actively sharing in the preaching work to the extent possible, as deemed by god, they will die at Armagedon and depart into "everlating cutting off". At the Wt public relations web site they attempt conceal this doctrine.

The society has spoken out of both sides of their mouth on this one.

They have stated that in the end....Jehovah will read the hearts of all and those who are " humble and godlike in their heart" will be spared. Then on the other hand, and this hand is the one the dubs deal most, ........ALL will die who are not ON the ark of salvation which is ......"the Organisation.

When the diciples asked Jesus about a man who was excorsizing demons yet was not "walking with them".....Jesus said "he who is not against us is for us". The society has never acknowledged that scripture as applying to any outside the Organisation.

Gumby

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

gumby...can you provide any example of their saying that.

• gumby
    gumby

http://home.attbi.com/~alanf00/essays/salvation.htm

Pete, The above link is an essay written by Alan F

Are you not familiar with the society stating in various articles that those who may not get the good news preached to them before the end comes will be looked at by Jehovah, and he will determine how they WOULD HAVE accepted the "good news" had they had the opportunity?

They have many times made these types of statements, yet also demanded strict adherance and a close association with gods visiable channnel on earth, that being INSIDE the Organisation.

There was a "Question from Readers that answered the question you are looking for, and spoke about those who will have there hearts read who have not heard the good news at Armaggedon.

Blondie may have that at hand, and you could PM her.

Gumby

• the real truth
    the real truth

peaceful pete has seen the light. He knows Jehovah's Witnesses is just a man made cult. Why can't other JEhovah's witnesses see this? Has anyone ever told you about the false prophecies the watchtower made, even after claiming to be a prophet of God. Don't claimed they didn't claim to be a prophet of God, because I can give you a magazine verse where they did. The main thing that completely doens't attract me to the cult is the fact they believe only 144000 people will go to heaven, when the Bible (not the corrupted JW version) clearly says that anyone who calls upon the name of the Lord will be saved. Anyone! Not 144000. That is a myth that the Watchtower is pouring in your brains. Since only 144000 are going to heaven, I can easily say that noi Jehovah's witness on this site will ever go to heaven. And about living on earth instead of going to heaven, that a bunch of bolony too. I don't know who infiltrated your mind with that. I would never want to live on earth instead of heaven. Therefore, I will never become a Jehovah's Witness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit