Post your pointless "talents" here

by berylblue 27 Replies latest jw friends

• berylblue
    berylblue

Mine is......(and this from a woman who will probably not notice the big A when it happens)

I can find four leaf clovers anywhere, anytime...I never even really look. Just walking down the street, I'll look at the lawn and see one.

My daughters were always amazed by this.

JWs would probably say it's Satanic.

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

i of course have the quite amazing talent for stateing the obvious

• berylblue
    berylblue
    stateing the obvious

And, of course, spelling

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I used to be able to bend my fingers on my left hand all the way back so that they would touch the back of my hand. I can't quite do it anymore, but I can get pretty close. Used to freak my classmates out.

• Hamas
    Hamas
    JWs would probably say it's Satanic

LOL

My talent would have to be the ability to remember a moment in time from history, no matter how insignificant it is.

• Prisca
    Prisca

I can touch my nose with my tongue.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I can wiggle my ears.

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

I can talk to cats.

Even when I'm not trying to. Actually, I guess it would be more accurate to say that cats have been known to seek me out and talk to me.

Total stranger's cats have come up to me and managed to get across to me that they were locked out of their house and wanted back in (do you know how dumb it feels to knock on a door and announce to a total stranger that their cat told you it wants in?? fortunately, the owners so far have been relieved to have their cat home). More than once.

A cat will bypass a roomful of people, including its owner, to come up to me and tell me it's hungry and it's food dish is empty, or it's water dish is empty and it's thirsty.

It's usually very specific information. I have no idea how the cat does this or how I understand it...I just know what they're trying to communicate to me.

Technically, I guess this talent isn't pointless to the cats involved. But it sure makes people look at you funny.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I can

hold 25 clothes pins in one hand (from those JW wedding shoer stupid games we play instead of talking about men)

pick up just about any small item with my toes (yea they are big)

write my name (or anything) backwards - it still reads left to right but is written right to left

read type written text upside down (the text is upside down - not me)

• Francois
    Francois

HEY PRISCA!!! Come right on over, hun. I can book you in at least 30 states, including of course Hawaii. That is, if I can ever get you out of Nevada. Now, as to split. I think, say, 60/40 ought to do it. And we'll split travel and meals 50/50. In five years, we'll both have enough to retire. Whatchasay?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit