Damn, I HATE Cleaning....

by teenyuck 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Scully
    Scully

PS: Please add watermelon slices to my list of things that are inexplicably attracted to clean floors. Less than two whole hours. It's a new frikkin record.

Love, Scully

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Knowing that people are going to be coming to my house (which isn't very often)is one of the few motivators that gets me cleaning. Right now, I would be embarrassed if somebody dropped in and had to use my bathroom. It's pretty nasty.

With me, it's the thought of cleaning that I hate. It seems like once I get going with it, I don't mind it so much.

Did ya go to the fireworks last night Teenyuck? I went and saw T3 with sis and B-I-L at Easton. It was good.

• SealingSalamander
    SealingSalamander

Speaking of toilets and germs...

Several years ago, I had a job as a maid at a hotel (my least favorite job, and that's saying a lot!) Anyway, the way it was set up, all the other maids and I would just blitz the place in the morning. I absolutely could not get the beds made up to secifications, so what I'd do would be to con the other maids into doing the beds while I did the bathrooms.

Well, just before I left there, I was cleaning a toilet and water splashed into my eye. I kid you not, the very next day, I got the frickin' flu!!!

• Hamas
    Hamas

Hi Teeny !

You can apply this one rule of vacuuming to the whole process of cleaning :

Only vacuum what needs to be vacuumed.

Likewise, only clean what needs to be cleaned !

I learnt that in the height of my career as a Witness/Cleaner

And forget Roomba, Henry is number one !

alt

From left to right: Henry , Henry's dad, and Henry with his family !

• outnfree
    outnfree

Please add watermelon slices to my list of things that are 
    inexplicably attracted to clean floors. 
    Ooooh! How very sticky!!!!
    I HATE Cleaning, too! And am using visits to the board as a way to
    break up the tasks. 
    outnfree

• shera
    shera

ME TOO...but thats all I feel like I do, is clean......

• Francois
    Francois

I hate it too, that's why I don't do it. When my home gets dirty, I

1. Get married to a clean freak

2. Burn the house down

3. Sell it and buy a clean one.

• KGB
    KGB

Yep while the work is going on but then afterwords you sit back and it sure feels good to live in a clean house. Don't it ?

• Scully
    Scully

KGB writes:

Yep while the work is going on but then afterwords you sit back and it sure feels good to live in a clean house. Don't it?

What is so frustrating about cleaning - particularly when there are children in the house - is that they seem to follow you from room to room as you're cleaning. No sooner than you leave one just cleaned room to go to the next room, they will descend on the just cleaned room like swarms of locusts and cause devastation and ruin. Just cleaned floors and just shampooed carpets LOVE children. Children are the vectors that carry items that are inexplicably drawn to clean floors and carpets. It NEVER ends. And yeah, you do it because you care - about health and safety and not living in a pig-stye - but when nobody else seems to care, it gets old and frustrating pretty quickly. Love, Scully PS: Am I the ONLY person who knows how to change a roll of toilet paper when it's empty??

• Cassiline
    Cassiline
    I have a theory about cleaning floors. It comes out of years of experience. Clean floors are "dirt-magnets". Floors cannot stand being clean. The clean floor creates a vacuum effect that sucks liquid out of cups and food off of plates and crumbs out of toasters. Clean floors are especially attracted to things like ice cream, sugary liquids, raw eggs, beet juice and pancake syrup (although they prefer pure maple syrup, Aunt Jemima will do in a pinch).

LMAO Scully!!

You need to have your own house cleaning colum in the paper.

"Ask Scully"

"Dear exJW Scully", Can I have your tips on cleaning out my believing husbands view he must pee all over the tolite seat and on that of the UN scandal and 1975? (run on intended for pun)

Love ya

Cassi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit