What Are Your Plans for the 4th Of July???

by minimus 34 Replies latest jw friends

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Minimus, creative minds work creatively slow.

• maxwell
    maxwell

I'll probably try to take a nice long bicycle ride. This year I will avoid the trails along the Potomac River on the Northern Virginia side as much as possible as those get congested with people camping out early in the day to wait for the fireworks. I learned that last year. But I might ride/cruise around the National Mall in the evening time to get a look at the fireworks. I'll probably go up to Ben's Chili Bowl and get a chili dog at some point too. I hope they are open. Chili dogs are American, aren't they? I caught part a documentary on one of the PBS stations here last night about hot dogs. It was like the third time I've seen it being shown, but in one segment they show this hot dog eating contest they have at Coney Island, I think, every 4th of July. Don't care for the eating contests, but I did get the urge to have a chili dog.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

My wife's family has a picnic up near Albany on Saturday, so we'll be driving up there. Tonight, the nearby high school will have some fireworks that should be clearly visible from our front lawn, assuming it doesn't rain (which it sort of looks like it will). Other than that, I plan to do as little as possible this weekend.

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

I'll go to the Music Teachers Convention in Santa Clara, and see some of my students playing in the recitals. I'll probably attend some seminars and shop for my students. And at the end of the day I'll come home and teach 2 more students, and then I'll be done for the week. I might make some slow-cooked ribs and kettle corn popcorn and watch the fire works on TV with my husband and my brothers.

But on Saturday and Sunday my husband and I will stay at Westin Hotel where the convention is held. ;) We are looking forward to watch the Piano Solo Competition and the Concerto Competition - not to mention enjoying the romantic dinners.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Thunder and I will be meeting some people in DALLAS YEAAaaaaaa

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

I have to work on the 4th :(

• minimus
    minimus

NO ONE SHOULD HAVE TO WORK ON THE 4TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• blondie
    blondie

Unfortunately, police, firefighters, military personnel, EMT personnel, hospital staff, etc., must work. I'm glad they are there for us.

Blondie (who worked many a 4th of July so someone could have it off)

• heathen
    heathen

I will get drunk then run up and down the street naked singing the national anthem . The usual .

• sndy420
    sndy420

We will be driving up to Chico very early Friday morning and hangin out till Sunday . I am kind of sad cause our little town has a big 4th of july parade and festivities and our 4 year old will miss it Oh well - she will be seeing gramma and swimming so she should be very happy!!! A Happy 4th of JUly to everyone!!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit