Mary And The Two Witness Rule

by NotFormer 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/47672/top-secret-confidential

In the above page, the September 1, 1987 Watchtower article about breaching confidentiality is quoted. Mary is a medical worker and finds out that someone in congregation has had an abortion. She passes that information on to the elders. The WT lauds her action, even though it could land her in prison or get her sued.

I assume she wouldn't be stupid enough to make a copy of the relevant page. So when she goes to the elders and tells them that she saw a file with the relevant data, what do the elders do? Mary is only one witness. Would they dare prosecute the sister whose confidentiality has been breached?

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

I think they would slyly question ( or set her up in some way ) to find out and "off with her head".

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

NOT FORMER:

If I worked somewhere and knew of somebody who breached confidentiality, I would report them ASAP.

I would pay a confidential visit to the management or the HR department telling them. Who knows? Maybe it would save them from a costly lawsuit.. I learned to despise Witnesses on jobs.

If they’re only in business for themselves cleaning toilets they can’t hurt anybody.

Because of their ignorance and not being in reality about the world, they have no regard for rules/regulations or don’t have any idea about unintended consequences. The results can be disastrous.

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.

I remember reading that article way back in the day - where have all those years gone!

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

The million dollar question is: have they ever walked it back? If not, it's still WT policy. Old light is current light, unless it's replaced by new light. And don't you dare continue to observe old light for one second after the new light has been declared! 😡

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

They may not have walked it back. Remember that they believe that they must follow Jehovah above all else, even if it means losing a job or even their lives. Breaking the law to 'keep the congregation spiritually clean' might be seen as the proper thing to do.

I do wonder how they would handle it- would they surreptitiously try to get the info from the accused, and see if they could get them to confess without explaining how they knew? Would they come right out and reveal what they knew, knowing it could cost the snitch a job (and prospects for future employment in the field)? Would the WTS dare to hold it up as a good example?

• Bill Covert
    Bill Covert

That is a very important article to understand.

Of all policies it is unique in that it has a engineered deception in par.6 "Any witness of the wrong would know who had suffered an injustice and would have a responsibility to come forward to establish guilt." Notice the switch in par. 7 "This command from the Highest Level of authority in the universe put the responsibility upon each Israelite to report to the judges any serious wrongdoing that he observed so that the matter might be handled."

This was written in 1987. The purpose of this blatant deception was to fabricate a Gestapo hunting license to ferret out apostates.

Matt. 24:34 imploded in 1975. 1980 - 1983 were years of a ship without a rudder, no new light as to implosion. Prior to 1975 there was a powerful "oracle" Fred Franz who provided copious shower of new light, with his passing we have T. Morris and Stephen Lett. In about 1983 there was a conspiracy hatched for the purpose of shutting down minds when the hard choice came as to admitting failure or coming up with "new light" as to "generation" singular.

In 1984 the "obedience to the Organization mantra" was started. A brand new heretofore unmentioned enemy showed up the "APOSTATE"! To understand the deceitful deception of changing the "witness to a wrongdoing to answer a call to testify" being changed into a "witness becoming an informant" is to understand that the period of 1984 - 1987 was a packaged deal of mind control, foretold by the Boss in Matt.24: 48-51

If "Mary" [whose real name is Sharon Garig married to my uncle], is something you are interested in, you need to read Barbara Anderson's essay "Flawed Decrees Conceal Criminals".

On "Fathers Day" I sent off a letter to the US Attorney's office Wa. DC.,using this line of reasoning accompanied with the "Blue" disfellowshippedment form, asking the question "what is the legal requirement of a church which has forfeiture of human life by blood transfusion policy enforced by disfellowshipment and shunning to inform it's adherents that the church employs deception to fabricate policy?

2013 the RNWT revised Lev.5:1, that revision has been cloaked in secrecy, absolutely nothing expounding the reason for "new light"! Couple the 1987 Wt. article "A Time to Speak When?" with this revision and the "Blue" disfellowshippment form now you have the church being guilty of some sort of degree of murder! By their with holding from there people the knowledge that they twisted the Bible verse of Leviticus 5:1 to fabricate a "Gestapo informant policy" hunting license to ferret out "apostates" to fulfill Matt.24: 48-51.

It has been an interesting few months for me. I made the classic mistake of missing a couple of months of alimony payments due to tearing rotator cuff in shoulder. I got taken to court over community property [old house], I got phone calls from US Postal Inspector [second time] and local police dept.[second time] over my letter writing to publishers homes which was mentioned in the 2013 summer convention talk on "Human Apostates". It was reported I was mailing threats, they were able to see I was just fucking with minds no real threats.

• Longlivetherenegades
    Longlivetherenegades

@NotFormer

Perhaps read from page 365 of In search of Christian freedom by Raymond Franz to page 368 a perfect example recorded

terrible informant system in the world of Jehovah’s Witnesses

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

I was able to find that. From p. 366, it tells the story of Toni and Linda. The story predates the above WT article, but shows that it was already WT policy before 1987. The handling of Linda's case by the elders is unbelievable.

The doctor in the case mentions how he vets potential employees by asking them how they would have handled that situation and not hiring them if they would behave like Toni. Although a prudent approach, I see it as being fraught with danger, in light of anti-discrimination laws. In many countries, it is illegal to ask potential employees certain types of questions, including about the candidate's religion. The doctor's questions could be seen as a backdoor way of discriminating on the basis of religion.

Would it be better to simply not employ JWs because of the liability they represent? But how would you find out if they can't be asked about their religion? Are there other backdoor ways around it that might work? Tell them about the office birthday and Christmas parties and see how they react? Ask them what medical treatment and first aid they authorise in case of an accident that renders them unconscious? What other questions might work, without provoking suspicion that something unkosher is going on?

• Bill Covert
    Bill Covert

NotFormer

Your comment "old light", "new light" is a major point.

No they have not walked back the Lev.5:1 informant policy. Yes there is "new light" , the 2013 RNWT revision of Lev.5:1. Of which has been cloaked in silence. Why? The reason is that this "new light" would show the "old light" informant policy to have been a carefully structured deception designed to ferret out the brand new emerging enemy the APOSTATE.

I would encourage you to read Barbara Anderson's "Flawed Decrees Conceal Criminals". Yes they taught the informant policy prior to 1987. What I learned new was that Ray Franz had a hand in advancing the informant policy.

In about 1967 the Watchtower perhaps Awake used to put a Bible verse and commentary at the bottom of a page. They did one on Lev.5:1 which used the reasoning that being as how the "public cursing" of Lev.5:1 was public to be seen and heard by all hence it could not be a sin needing to be reported. That commentary was removed from being included in the bound volumes.

The combining of the deception of par.6 and par. 7 of the article "A Time to Speak When?" , combined with the 2013 RNWT revision of Lev. 5:1 and the "Blue disfellowshipment form, becomes the "Holy Grail" long sought after that would have the power to bring down the church!

The church Gestapo informant policy was based on a deception!! The church has a no blood transfusion policy that requires forfeiture of human life and is ENFORCED BY MEANS OF SHUNNING!!!

So the bottom line issue here is MURDER!

And that problem is why there is no "new light" coming out of the GB on the major revision of Lev.5:1 in the 2013 RNWT. This flew 3 pay grades above Lloyd Evans head in 2013 blog on the "Silver Sword"

This line of reasoning went over Barbara Anderson's head. The essay "Flawed Decrees Conceal Criminals" took several years to write, she stated that it was the biggest research project she ever did. And all this when her time needed to centered on the molestation cases.

The 1987 article "A Time to Speak When?" is a key to unlock the door to expose Matt. 24: 48-51 because it is a highly crafted deception designed to fabricate a tool to ferret out apostates for the purpose squashing any opposition as the church transitioned from Matt. 24: 34 generation singular into what we have today of absolute obedience to the GB!

Even though this Wt. article has been mentioned on this site many times there has never been a discussion centered on par. 6 and par. 7. That is where the magic is at. Combine that with the 2013 revision the church is out of business!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit