Should Jehovah's Witnesses Trust the Governing Body?

by Vanderhoven7 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

If there is evidence that Jesus invisibly chose specific men at headquarters in Brooklyn New York in 1919 to be his Faithful Slave and that mandate and ability passed on to future directors...then the answer might just be a resounding MAYBE.

What is the evidence for this invisible appointment and what is the evidence that this is just Watchtower mythology?

I hope JWs like Scholar and Fisherman will explain why the trust the GB.

I must be honest, I see no evidence at all to put trust in either the 1919 selection or the current men taking the lead in Warwick.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

this explores why they can claim to be in charge of all of the master's belonging. So Scholar and Fisherman can brush up on the issue before they respond.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOrlV8dB0Y0 short on time, start about timeline 27

• hoser
    hoser

Can you trust your local elders?

Should you trust their superior officers?

• Biahi
    Biahi

Vanderhoven, of course you can trust them! Jehovah and Jesus trust them! Just ask them! 🤣

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

The JWs don't have much choice...............until they wake up. Then, they're not JWs anymore.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

To me it's a question of authority. Who has the authority to teach what the bible actually is?

Is it these men in Brooklyn? How or why? They didn't choose the books that the bible contains, did they?

Isn't it right to go to where the bible came from to get an accurate teaching?

The fact is that the bible is a catholic book. The books contained in the bible were voted on by way of a council of catholic bishops, Several councils in fact voted on which books should be included and which ones should be deleted.

source-google, msn and other internet providers.

The Truth Will Set You Free

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Oh yeah, the GB absolutely has the rank-and-file’s best interests at heart.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=87ra6qKzXDA

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

according to them, Jesus and Jehovah trusts them...So Jesus and Jehovah are going against the Bibles advice where it says not to put your trust in men. I guess the rank and file better follow the examples of Jesus and Jehovah in this regard....meaning not to obey the scriptures!

• LostintheFog1999
    LostintheFog1999

“The Governing Body is neither inspired nor infallible. Therefore, it can err in doctrinal matters or in organizational direction... Of course, Jesus did not tell us that his faithful slave would produce perfect spiritual food."

That is a quote from The Watchtower of February 2017 study edition pg. 26.

One of the illustrations I learned as a JW involved a glass of refreshing drinking water that had one drop of a virtually undetectable poison in it. It was enough to kill you if you took a sip, though you could never tell by just looking at the glass or even drinking out of it until it was too late. They used this to illustrate other religions, ironically. Their thinking was that even if the teaching of a religion was 99% good, it was the 1% that would kill you. In contrast to the 100% purity of the accurate teachings of the GB/FDS. Except in the above quote they openly admit that they were neither accurate or pure themselves!

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

That contrast, between "we are the only reliable conduit between man and god" and "we mess up sometimes, we did not say we were perfect" is the kind of thing that should be emphasized more often. At some point, thinking people will become uncomfortable with the idea that they are demanding unconditional obedience to men whose authority and accuracy is very much conditional.

They occasionally even admit that when they are wrong, it is not an excuse for people to doubt their position as god's only true mouthpiece! If you were disfellowshipped because you disagreed with the organization, you will not be reinstated if the GB later agrees with your views. According to the WTS, being right is not what matters. Obedience is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit