Voting thumbs up

by peacefulpete 14 Replies latest forum tech-support

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Is anyone else having problem giving a thumbs up? It has been happening for a long time. I vote up , it appears, then disappears when I return to page. I've done some multiple times.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

I haven't noticed it. I was able to upvote your post, leave the topic, and return and the upvote was still there.

Unless someone else upvoted it in the meantime...

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

I've upvoted your comment 3 times. It shows then I move forward out and return, it is gone.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Simon removed my up and down thumbs years ago when I gave a downvote to a post that said (to my best recollection, because it was ages ago) it was great Dawkins had survived a stroke because it means he can carry on telling theists that they are wrong. Apparently Simon interpreted that to mean I was against Dawkins being alive and that I didn’t deserve any more votes on the forum because of that. Perhaps you made a similar egregious error in your history and that’s why you lost your up and down thumbs too. 🤔

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Well, it's possible. OK

I will just add that I have given thumbs up to many well argued and thoughtful comments. If you thought you were ignored, please don't.

I have also been unable to send private messages for a year or more. I was assuming it was some computer issue, such as I had posting threads.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

It could be a mistake or malfunction in your case. Who knows? In my case I was told my thumbs were gone and they were.

• Simon
    Simon
    Apparently Simon interpreted that to mean

Don't assume, it makes an "ass" out of ... you know, the thing! (I added a Biden impersonation at the end)

The typical reason I might decide to remove someone's voting ability is when they repeatedly play the person not the ball.

What I mean by that, is they follow someone around downvoting everything they post, even the most innocuous of comments. They clearly don't read things and are not responding to what was posted in a sensible manner as is clear from the time between votes and the content of the posts themselves.

Also, if someone is acting up or simply repeatedly generating work for me, I will sometimes lower their posting limits and voting ability because, well, I have better things to do with my time.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

I have never done that. I have always tried to find common ground from which we can discuss divisive topics. Please reinstate my ability to offer encouragement to helpful posters and express dislike for posters that use insulting language and personal attacks. Also my ability to engage in private messaging. Another function of this board I have never abused.

• Nikolaus
    Nikolaus

I have also been censored this way. My opinion has not been approved. Let's see how I will be disciplined for this post.

Well,...

• Simon
    Simon
    I have also been censored this way. My opinion has not been approved. Let's see how I will be disciplined for this post.

Tell me you don't know what censorship is without telling me you don't know what censorship is ...

You were posting off-topic comments and being a dick. If you waste my time and misuse the forum features, don't expect to be allowed full use of it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit