Ex-Jehovah's Witness recounts her disfellowshipping and family estrangement in today's Huffington Post. A poignant read.

by Balaamsass2 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

A thoughtful read in today's Huffington Post. It reminded me of how glad I am that 1st gen and I left the cult together and worked on keeping our closest relationships alive. It wasn't easy. I think this would be an excellent story to share with some on the fence who will grasp the ridiculous cruelty Watchtower demands of family.

"

I Flew Across The Country For My Mom's Wedding. When I Arrived, She Uninvited Me.

"My phone pinged before I stepped off the plane ... My mom texted: 'Trisha, I love you very much, but I can’t let you come to my wedding.'"

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/ex-jehovah-witness-mom-wedding_n_63c85bc1e4b01a4363842c89?d_id=5418777&ref=bffbhuffpost&ncid_tag=fcbklnkushpmg00000063&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&utm_campaign=us_main&fbclid=IwAR3ENdZWbinb2YY8N5MJhPn6RyRUDBw5xm32BaNONLseMT2QWckquxktHnM
  • Indoubtbigtime
    Indoubtbigtime

“I had a tricky habit of sleeping with my friends: boys, girls, fellow Witnesses, and neighbors “

She is not bad to look at, I wish I was one of her neighbours 🤣

• carla
    carla

That article was just so sad. I know it is played out often in dubland, such a waste of love.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Another heart wrenching story from the family destroying religion. So glad I got out over 20 years ago. I hate this cult.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Well done essay.

Navigating these two worlds is a constant sadness hanging in the back of the closet we enter every day.

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

Trisha's story is so sad, even sadder is the fact that most of us here have similar stories.

RB.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit