kingdom halls

by inbetween09 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Jehovah=organization

Yes, the KH belong's to the organization (aka cult).

• dozy
    dozy

I'm always particularly puzzled when a supposedly "dedicated" Kingdom Hall or Bethel is flipped and sold to another church. (eg the New Zealand Bethel http://www.stuff.co.nz/auckland/local-news/9124458/Witnesses-sell-Elim-buys )

I thought these were supposed to be Satan's organisations - Babylon the Great and all that. It's like Solomon decided to sell the temple to the local Baal worshipers to cash in a profit and re-locate. Bizarre.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Ours now needs a new roof, carpet , seats paving repair; all on our dime. Guess what happened to the cushion money that had been set aside? And now if I even want to pick up trash or for a small repair it has to be approved by the committee and I have to be "trained

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And they wonder why I didn't lift a finger to help maintain that ugly structure or pay even a penny. They try, and all they will hear (in German, in all likelihood, so they will not understand) is "I have the tinsel garland and the lights. I will put these things up, and place ornaments on them." And if they don't waste the time trying to figure out what I said, they will have to waste time undoing my sun-worship decoration (and I will make it super hard for them to pull anything down).

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

The fact that they mention things like kingdom halls "belonging to Jehovah" is the reason they can remove the "spirit directed" from their baptism questions. They can try and downplay the wording about the GB being guided by the Holy Spirit by saying they are "moved" and it won't make a bit of difference. Anyone reading their stupid publishing's can easily see they are attributing and crediting everything to "Jehovah" directly and indirectly thereby claiming divine guidance.

Good luck governing ladies. You'll never be able to have it both ways. Yes, you are the evil stupid slave mentioned in the bible. Reap it you vermin. God is much smarter you idiots.

• rockemsockem
    rockemsockem

So God is in the real estate business. LOL but he needs your money. LMAO

• jp1692
    jp1692

What rokemsockem said ☝🏼

Maybe next he’ll run for POTUS!

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

I wonder what Jeesshuss would say if you asked him which is more important, spend money embellishing the temple, or use the money to help the widows, sick and poor.

That alone is evidence that the Org is not Christian.

• benny
    benny

I would like comments please on the lack of transparency regarding funds collected at circuit assemblies. A elder who I worked for said he doesn't go to the lunch time elders meeting as they aren't given full details either and just a waste of time.

Do they have a budget that is set. I mean at last weekends one day assembly on "being bold " They were saying it will cost £6000 and so keep giving. Work that out if there are 2 assemblies a weekend. The assembly hall is their own.

• careful
    careful

I remember back in the 80s before the WT financial crisis really hit, they used to sell KHs to churches. Back then it was done to help finance a new KH build. But there was no issue with taking "Christendom's money" to "further kingdom interests"!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit