To Mommy - re: New Light

by Farkel 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Free2Bme
    Free2Bme

Don't give up trying to get through to your mum. My mum has been a JW for more than 30 years and she is a respected and valued member. I have been talking to her about the numerous disrepencies in WT teachings for more than 4 years. She has passed through several stages and I have had to completely back off lots of times but at last she openly admits the WTS is wrong and she has been deceived.
    Now she is in no-man's land contemplating walking away from every friend she has and all she put such genuine faith in.
    Many times I wish I had left her ignorant and arrogant in that witness way because I feel like I am swiping her meal out of her hands then leaving her to starve !! I know it's not the truth but I haven't found a convenient replacement.
    But I had to tell her and it must be for the best to break free from hypocrisy.
    Queer isn't it but I wish she had kept fighting me and come back with evidence that the WTS was right and she had not wasted 32years any more than I wasted 20 years!
    I don't know if she will be able to leave. I've told her I respect her decision either way even if she chooses to live a lie and feel safe rather than face the big bad world.

Keep it up (gently)

Free

• talesin
    talesin

btt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit