Swedish JW df'ed ...................

by TheOldHippie 22 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

they suddenly showed up at his work and notified him he had been df'ed.

OMG.....I would have just died of embarrassment....How in the world do you explain THAT to your co-workers...

Lisa

• outnfree
    outnfree

Heartless b@sT@rd$!!!

I DO hope, OldHippie, that the Swedish media, especially the producers of "Mission/Investigate" will be informed and able to clearly understand the great care and concern of Jehovah's loving organization for the hurting among them. AND I hope that they will share a follow-up sement with their viewers so that all in Sweden may identify God's True Organization by the love they have among themselves.

Thanks for the update.

outnfree

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

The main Evening News Programme on the main Swedish TV Channel carried a report on the latest developments. There was TV coverage of the man who stepped forward in the programme Mission/Investigate (showing views from an assembly hall etc.) with comments on the developments leading to his being disfellowshipped and a brief resume of his story. The "Victim" was then interviewed on his DF. On the TV Programme, it was shown parts of a committee meeting filmed with a secret camera on the charge that he had been seen smoking. To this, he did show remorse. According to the victom, the committee members have had no contact with him after the meeting that was shown on TV. They neither called him nor visited him and he was not called for another meeting either. This monday two elders approached him in his place of work informing him that he was disfellowshipped. It was even said to him that he by participating in the TV Programme showed that he no longer wanted to be a part of the congregation. New accusations were not made. The "DF" was also explaining to the TV viewers the implications of being disfellowshipped - shunning from friends and family and that one even might risk DF if befriending a DF person.

In the end of the report, a photo of the Swedish Branch coordinator was given, and a statement of his was referred. He stated that the Disfellowshipping had nothing to do with his appearing on the TV programme, but due to confidentiality the reasons had to be kept secret.

Most likely, the newspaper will do follow-ups on this.

• outnfree
    outnfree

Thank you for that interesting update, InquiryMan.

outnfree

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Anders himself made the remark that the branch overseer had said the reasons were secret - and indeed they were, since they were a secret to him, too! No reasons were given to him.

Very much a parallell to the Anderson case, where they publicly state there are other reasons that the TV appearance, "moral reasons" etc. I cannot remember a case in later years where a person was df'ed for smoking - AND repented.

On the DC, the very same branch overseer publicly thanked for all the flowers and greetings he had received because of "this tough case", and also stated they were only talking about two small children abused, not tens of them, as claimed by media.

Poor branch overseer, he has had a tough time, but luckily, he receives flowers and greetings. Anders - what did he receive for his being abused? A kick in the ass.

Sydlik cried publicly at the latest convention, too, I am told, because his heart ran over as he saw the great crowd, and he had to be assisted from the stage, and all the audience wept too. Oh, are we not compassionate .................

• Gopher
    Gopher

OldHippie,

This is some really bizarre behavior. Thanks for highlighting this in your post.

On the DC, the very same branch overseer publicly thanked for all the flowers and greetings he had received because of "this tough case",

So the JW's again work in behalf of the victimizers. This branch overseer was no doubt behind the wacky scene where Anders was DF'd in his place of work. Poor branch overseer, he has it so tough -- pulling the strings from behind the scenes.

Going further, here's what the branch overseer stated:

they were only talking about two small children abused, not tens of them, as claimed by media.

Oh my God! This reminds me of the Nuremburg trials, where several Nazi leaders were tried on war crimes. This was captured in a dramatic 1961 movie starring Spencer Tracy as the lead judge. Anyhow, the German lawyer for the defense tried to minimize the number of Jews killed during the holocaust. In the end though, the Nazis were equally guilty, whether the correct number was 6 million or even just 10,000. A crime is a crime is a crime.

Two small children abused, in a spiritual paradise? What excuse is there for that?

The audience wept for Daniel Sydlik? The creature worship of these WT leaders is embarrassing. The scripture that says "they say long prayers to impress men, and they stand on street corners praying to draw attention to their righteousness" most surely applies to these ones.

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

Along with two other topics, the exposé on JWs and abuse, was the three programmes on Mission Investigate that stirred most attention last season. On Juy 24th, a review will be made with a follow up and those three cases.

• berylblue
    berylblue
    they were only talking about two small children abused, not tens of them, as claimed by media.

I'd like to say that is the most callous thing I've ever heard from a JW, but it isn't

R

• berylblue
    berylblue
    , the very same branch overseer publicly thanked for all the flowers and greetings he had received because of "this tough case",

Funny how witnesses will send flowers to this "overseer", but can't even visit an elderly infirm sister in the congregation because they can't "count their time"

Rosemarie

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

On German TV, a program was aired yesterday on the JW struggle to be officially recognized as a religious community, and a viewer commented, "The WT society was completely trashed, and show to be a cult. It covered everything from shunning over child abuse to bill bowen." So a stone has been carved out of the mountain, and hurled at the feet of the image, in country after country.

A German WT brochure from the 20's or so was called "Der Stein ist am Rollen" if my memory serves me well, should be something like, "The stone has been hurled" in this connection. Perhaps more prophetic than thought ........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit