Quick question...

by stephaniesays 14 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• stephaniesays
    stephaniesays

WHo wrote COC? A member of the GB or a nephew of a member of the GB?

• JH
    JH

by Raymond Franz, former member of the governing gbody of jehovah's witnesses.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Ray Franz was both a Governing Body member and a nephew of Fred Franz.

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

Both

Ray Franz (author CoC) served on the Governing Body, and so did his uncle, who was President before he died. Rev ---------- LambsRoar.org

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

how's that for quick??

• stephaniesays
    stephaniesays

Oh, okay...Thanks! I was talking to a JW "friend" of mine today (I put quotation marks because I know she would not continue to talk to me if I told her how I felt), and she said she had come across some stupid apostate site that was by that nephew of a GB member who wrote a book about the JW's....All I had heard was that he was a GB member...Gotta get that book!! :)

• AlanF
    AlanF

Quick answer: Both.

Raymond Franz wrote CoC, and was the nephew of the Society's "oracle" Fred Franz. He was on the Governing Body from about 1971 until he left Bethel in 1980. Fred Franz, of course, had been a member of the "governing body" and Vice-President of the WTS since about 1942.

AlanF

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

sorry, I thought Fred was President

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Freddy got to play president after Nathan croaked.

A listing of the presidents of The Watchtower Society:

Charles Taze Russell (anointed) 1879 - 1916
    Joseph Franklin Rutherford (anointed) 1917 - 1942
    Nathan Homer Knorr (anointed) 1942 - 1977
    Frederick William Franz (anointed) 1977 - 1992
    Milton George Henschel (anointed) 1993 - 2000
    Don Adams (not anointed) 2000 - present

Russell, Rutherford, Knorr, Franz and Henschel are all directing the WTB&TS from Jesus' Throne Room in Heaven now. Don Adams (not the actor/comedian) is a figurehead President of the legal entity. The real WTB&TS power center today is Ted Jaracz of the Governing Body, a psychologically truncated humorless and unlikeable old sod.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Thunder just got it COC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit