opinions whats the best way to get out the door and not lose your fam DA or

by primitivegenius 13 Replies latest jw friends

• blackout
    blackout

Fade, definately fade.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

My wife and I just faded, but we stopped quite abruptly. I don't know if we're completely out of the woods yet. I have this nagging feeling that my wife's father (an elder that lives in the Portland area) will somehow get us DA'd or DF'd for apostasy. He's been a complete jerk of a human ever since we left.

So far it has been about 9 months since we stopped going. I just don't tell the elders anything and I'm hoping they'll forget about us. Most of my family is still in the organization.

Most of the family eventually left to join us in our heresy.

Mulan, how did you get the majority of your family to follow you out?

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

yeah i hope that i can just fade myself thanks for all your wonderful advice ...... keep it comeing (((((((((((((everyone))))))))

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

I was d'fed, and it was bad at first, but I've built a new life for myself. My family tried to keep away, so I kept busy and forgot about them and then they suddenly realized that they needed me, so they started coming over for dinner and now everything is hunky-dory. My dad still tries to talk me into coming back, periodically, but he at least takes me out for a beer and a burger when he does it. I'll listen to any amount of religious claptrap in return for two pints of Shakespeare's Stout and a burger from Fatheads. Mm-mm.

And then he listens politely when I tell him exactly why I won't be back.

So losing your family is relative, really, if they are smart they'll realize that blood is thicker than baptismal water and that only your relatives will be there to mow your lawn when you get too old.

CZAR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit