What happened to the 2020 Annual Meeting? Was it suspended?

by Misterme 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Betheliesalot
    Betheliesalot

Maybe they are only going to have them every 607 days.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Whatever the law requires on the corporation can be zoomed. I am sure there is a rubber stamp vote just like at the halls.

whatever they post will be mind numbing and use up lots of words blowing smoke

• Funky
    Funky

It must have been, there a new video on JW Borgcast with Herd introducing the 2021 year text.

Typically the talk introducing the following year's year text is the centerpiece of the October meeting. The fact that is a pre-recorded studio talk in front of no one but the Borgcast crew indicates that the whole October program was scrapped.

I expect that, as a previous poster commented, they will record the rest of the talks that would have been presented and then broadcast them.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Is there a legal time-frame for organizations to conduct an AGM ? with members present ?

Pardon my ignorance of such formalities .

• Listener
    Listener
    Funky - It must have been, there a new video on JW Borgcast with Herd introducing the 2021 year text.

It's an interesting text that they have chosen. They only use part of Isaiah 30:15 namely -

"Your strength will be in keeping calm and showing trust"

This text was directed at the Israelites as a nation and in full states (KJV) -

"For thus saith the Lord GOD, the Holy One of Israel; In returning and rest shall ye be saved; in quietness and in confidence shall be your strength: and ye would not."

The International Standard Version says, in part, "In repentance and rest you will be saved"

They are hardly being quiet by requesting all JWs write multiple letters to the Russian Government or by their Worldwide letter writing program to all Government Officials next month, advising them of the destruction of their Governments.

Neither have they been following this scripture in the ARC or the current UK hearings.

But the strangest thing about using this text is the opening instruction of returning to God, I wonder how they think this is applicable to them (as God's appointed people) or will they totally ignore that part of the verse?

• Funky
    Funky

Yeah, not to mention the very last words of that verse (RNWT): "But you were unwilling".

The WTS are absolute masters at quoting out-of-context snippets of fragments of interrupted thoughts from partial verses to make a point that the original writers would never in a thousand years have thought of.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit